“Average Visit”
Review of AquaTerra

AquaTerra
Reserve with OpenTable
AquaTerra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 445 Restaurants in Kingston
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: On the waterfront in Downtown Kingston. Located at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront, AquaTerra offers spectacular waterfront views and a menu that focuses upon fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Extensive wine list. Private and semi-private dining. Planning a special dinner or event? We cater offering drop-offs, pick-up or full service at the location of your choice. Make a reservation or buy a gift certificate on our website. See you on the water!
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been to Aqua Terra before and have also written a review before. This visit, however did not impress me and totally contradicted my previous review; http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154992-d974244-Reviews-Aqua_Terra_by_Clark-Kingston_Ontario.html. The atmosphere was great as usual and we had a great scenic view. The waitress we had was quite cold towards us and seemed to really dislike being there. The service was fairly fast except when you needed something like another drink. I requested another coke and had to ask multiple times. The food was somewhat dry and wasn't as great as I remembered it though it wasn't awful. Another major disappointment was when I arrived back from the bathroom. I was sitting down and saw chewed up food under the edge of the table. I am 100% sure that this waste wasn't produced by family and wasn't properly cleaned up from a previous visit. Being the fact that I requested this restaurant for my family and I to eat at, I was deeply disappointed. I am unsure whether I will eat here again.

1  Thank travelgirl9956
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

We are very disappointed to hear about your recent experience at our restaurant. Your comments do not reflect the high level of food or service that we always strive to provide here at AquaTerra. We would like to invite you to contact our Food and Beverage Manager directly so that we may have the opportunity to further discuss your experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I along with a visiting relative celebrated our anniversary at Aqua Terra and loved everything about it. We had heard good reviews from other friends who had been there and decided to try it. Table was great with a view of the water and boats. Waitress was very friendly and informative since it was our first time. Service was in good time and food was excellent and well presented and servings good size. Many options to choose from. There was a fixed menu including an appetizer,main course and dessert for a set price. Also a 5 course menu and an al la carte menu. All very well presented! Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and will be going back again!

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are delighted that you decided to give our restaurant a try and that you weren’t disappointed. We’re glad to hear you’ll be back and we look forward to welcoming you. Cheers!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited the Aqua Terra on 23 July and we had read the reviews on TA so we decided that it was a must for us. We were very impressed with this dining venue on the waterfront in Kingston. We understand that the restaurant has undergone a renovation recently and we thought the look very appealing and the seating very comfortable as well as the view. We made same day reservations and were able to get a window table with a great view of Lake Ontario.

We really enjoyed the attentive service from our server, Marco, who made very good suggestions on wine and some of the food items. After our cocktails which were very good, he brought out an "amuse-bouche" consisting of small pieces of lamb ribs perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection . . . these were on the house. Marco suggested a reisling for our wine (Tawse Echos from the Niagara region) that was fabulous and affordable. He explained that this wine is obtained directly from the vineyard and so not readily available at the LCBO. Next came our mains . . . my lady had a filet with what they call "marrow mash" (my girlfriend raved about them) and fabulous shitake mushrooms . . she said it was wonderful. I had the fish of the day, halibut, which, bar none, was absolutely one of the tastiest pieces of fish I have ever had, served with fresh veggies and red potatoes. The overall experience was just great and we both recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the beautiful historic town of Kingston.

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We were so thrilled to read all the lovely things you had to say about your recent dining experience at our restaurant. Thank you for sharing. Our servers are all very knowledgeable about the menu and wine selections and are always happy to provide suggestions. We’re glad you enjoyed the food, wine, service and view. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The newly renovated Aqua Terra continues to maintain its world class service, food, and atmosphere. The menu will not disappoint as will the wine selection. Clarke has done a phenomenal job with the design and his exceptional staff. The bar has a friendly and welcoming draw and makes one feel at home. From the time you enter the Delta and Aqua Terra you will be amazed by all it has to offer. In sum, the hotel, Aqua Terra and all who work there are amazing and you will not be disappointed. I can recommend all on the menu as we as a group pretty well ordered all from it and none of us were disappointed. Clarke and his team of professionals have set the bar high and as always continue to raise it. In sum, they never have disappointed us. It is my favourite restaurant to eat at and bring out of town guests.

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review of our restaurant. We always love to hear from our satisfied customers. It is a privilege to be considered your favourite restaurant in a city with so many great dining options. We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Never a disappointment. I make it a stop whenever I am in Kingston whether for breakfast or dinner. Excellent presentation and friendly staff.

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for this short and sweet review. We’re glad to know you visit us whenever you are in town and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.