“A cut above the rest”
Review of AquaTerra

AquaTerra
Reserve with OpenTable
AquaTerra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 447 Restaurants in Kingston
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: On the waterfront in Downtown Kingston. Located at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront, AquaTerra offers spectacular waterfront views and a menu that focuses upon fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Extensive wine list. Private and semi-private dining. Planning a special dinner or event? We cater offering drop-offs, pick-up or full service at the location of your choice. Make a reservation or buy a gift certificate on our website. See you on the water!
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fantastic dining experience. The food was served at a perfect pace, with a very attentive server. They always kept the wine topped up and really looked after you. The food was fantastic, I had the Agua Terra special which was grilled beef tenderloin, gruyere cheese & chive mash,large shrimp with a langoustine sauce. The steak was served perfectly just how I'd asked for it.
My wife had the white stripe lamb rack which she raved about all night ( also cooked just how she wanted it). I loved the small extra like the amuse bouche and the home made chocolates served with coffee. Well recommended

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your recommendation. We are always happy to read such positive reviews about our staff and food, so thank you for sharing. It’s also very nice to know that our extra efforts do not go unappreciated. We are so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your meal with us and we hope you will be back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fixed price lunch menus offers a 3 course meal with options in each category. Too full for dessert, no problem, the server is happy to pack it to go! Great food & service for the money.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was visiting family in Ottawa and my wife and I decided we wanted to spend a weekend in Toronto. Warned about how awful and boring the drive can be from Ottawa to Toronto, we decided to make a pit stop in Kingston for what we thought would be a quick lunch. Kingston was such a surprisingly beautiful little town. My wife decided she’d like to dine beside the water so we decided to treat ourselves and go to Aqua Terra. The restaurant was absolutely beautiful, the atmosphere relaxing. It was so pleasant to enjoy a panoramic of the waterfront as we ate lunch. My wife and I both got the salmon. The fish was succulent and fresh. The bacon jam was a wonderful accent not overpowering but a nice compliment. Our waiter, Marco was so friendly and enjoyable. He was very knowledgeable about the wines and helped us pair a lovely light white wine with our lunch. He also took time to tell us of the many features of Kingston, which inspired us to spend the night and explore the town. We walked around the downtown center. My wife enjoyed shopping at the downtown market and going into to all the boutique shops. We went back to the hotel to rest our feet and decided to eat at Aqua again for dinner. I had the beef tenderloin, which was cooked to perfection. It was melt in your mouth delicious. My wife enjoyed the rack of lamb, which was perfectly spiced and fell off the bone. After diner, we decided to go on Kingston’s famous ghost walk. Overall, our drive from Ottawa to Toronto was made much more enjoyable and interesting by stopping in Kingston. I highly recommend more commuters to stop in Kingston and enjoy a meal at the fantastic Aqua Terra restaurant. Friendly and professional staff. Delicious food. Relaxing and peaceful atmosphere. Overall a very pleasurable dining experience.

1  Thank John P
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

We are so glad that you decided to share your experience at our restaurant and we are thrilled to have contributed to such an unexpected but wonderful visit to Kingston. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to Marco. Please keep us in mind on any of your future drives through Kingston, we’d love to see you again.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great food and very professional service! The best brunch ever too!!! Would totally go back. Recommend making reservations for the brunch and go hungry! We had dinner there too and it was lovely and great ambiance! The staff were very knowledgeable about the menu and made great meal recommendations.

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for this delightful review! Our Sunday brunch is quite popular so it is good advice to make a reservation in advance. We are thrilled that you enjoyed it so much. It is always nice to read such positive comments about our wonderful staff, I will certainly pass your compliments along.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was staying at the Radisson Hotel in Kingston and decided to try the lobby restaurant. I'm so glad I did... For dinner then lunch. The meals were outstanding!!! Highly recommended!

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for this great review and recommendation. We’re thrilled you were satisfied with both your meals and we hope you will visit us again during your next stay in Kingston.