“Great food and drinks!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Iron Duke
Ranked #63 of 424 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston, Canada
“Great food and drinks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

When there with my boyfriend after work on a Friday night. I had the Ruben sandwich with fries and he had the shepherd's pie. They were both delicious and reasonably priced. A good selection of drinks as well. I will defiantly go back again!

Oshawa, Ontario
“Nice place, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My fiance and I went to the Iron Duke for some wings and beer for date night while we were visiting Kingston. While it was fairly late when we arrived Sunday evening, we were greeted warmly by the bartender and promptly directed to a booth, where our server came to welcome us.

The food and drinks were delicious, and the server was very attentive and always smiling. We ordered a large fry each, and were surprised by the amount we received... the portion was HUGE!

We simply loved our experience at the Duke and would highly recommend this restaurant for those who are on a date, with friends, or anyone who wants to eat delicious food. This place offers fantastic customer service, great bang for your buck, and a great atmosphere to relax.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great beer variety, delicious late night food options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went here a few nights ago with friends after reading the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. 17 beers on tap from what I recall with a few varieties that can't be easily found in the city. I ordered chicken fingers tossed in the Canadian BBQ sauce. Huge portion - very tasty. My buddies got wings and commented they were some of the best wings in Kingston. Friendly waiter. Great vibe. Will definitely be coming back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kingston, Canada
“Specials Are Always Great!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I posted this review in August on Urban Spoon, but as I just joined TripAdvisor, I thought it belonged here as well...

My husband and I visit the duke a couple of times a month, usually for dinner and drinks on Friday nights. My husband always sticks with the Cheesesteak sandwich. He claims there's no way anything is going to be better than that sandwich, so why bother trying anything else. I usually try the daily specials, and so far I haven't been let down. This past Friday it was a blackened chicken breast on potatoes and asparagus with blue cheese sauce. Absolutely to die for. Can't wait to see what's in store for my next visit! Service is always prompt and friendly. This is one of our favorite spots in town!

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Comfort food away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the outside you might keep walking, but it would be a mistake. The food is delicious and extremely reasonably priced. A beer (their own name) and a 1/2 reuben and daily soup cost around $14 with tax, and it was extremely filling.

The reuben was so good, I wanted to go back the next night for the other half. They use locally sourced ingredients, which makes it even better to know you are eating "locally".

Service was very unassuming and friendly. The patio was a welcome stop on a warm evening.

• Visited August 2013