“Home made pasta at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pasta Shelf

Pasta Shelf
Ranked #99 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Lutz, Florida
“Home made pasta at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Every year I travel to Kingston to judge sailing events at CORK. I have a list of restaurants that the judges visit and the pasta shelf is at the very top of the list. The home made pasta, fresh sauces, great sized portions that a couple can share and walk away satisfied. This restaurant will be always at the top of my list.

• Visited August 2014

Kingston, Ontario
“Outstanding pasta and sauces!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

A fantastic takeout with gorgeous pasta and sauces, also ready made casseroles to take home and bake. A wonderful help to busy hosts. You can eat in as well though nothing special about the atmosphere....though same fantastic food!!!

Visited June 2014
KINGSTON
“Great wood oven pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I love the wood oven pizzas at Pasta Shelf. Just like the ones in Italy when I was on holidays. The ingredients are fresh and the service is fast and friendly.

• Visited March 2014
Kingston, Canada
“Tour of Italy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

On my way home from work I dropped into the Pasta Shelf to pick up some takeout. I decided on their Tour of Italy which contains chicken parmigiana, cheese cannelloni and spaghetti with meat balls. Big mistake. The pasta was over cooked to the point it was mushy and the chicken parm, well what can I say, it was like a piece of cardboard. One bite and it went in the garbage. As a matter of fact I spit it out as I didn't know what it was because it didn't remotely resemble chicken. I usually try and say something positive about a restaurant. The sauces were not too bad. I will say the service was friendly but the food was horrendous. Won't be back.

• Visited November 2013
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I am always disappointed with my meal. I have eaten there twice. The meatballs do not taste homemade, the salad is never fresh and the food is bland. I love Italian food, but this is not the homemade Italian food that I hoped for.

• Visited August 2013