“Nice Place to Dine”

Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped at Bella Bistro last week at lunch time and it was busy. We were attended to shortly after we were seated but another couple left due to slow service. The server came and took our drink orders and was back shortly and we ordered our meal at that time. The meal came about 15 minutes later which in my estimation is acceptable and fairly quick. It was hot and tasted delicious. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her lunch and said that we would definitely eat there again. It is comfortable inside but the tables and chairs have been there for quite some time. It could stand some sprucing up but it was clean. We left with "full tummies".

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We walk to this restaurant from Collins Bay marina where we keep a boat. Thus we arrive hungry and thirsty and order the special with a moderate priced wine. This year we had spicy seared salmon on a bed of rice with carrots and a salad followed by a shared (2 spoons please:) dessert cost $129cdn. It was filling and tasted superb with a beautiful presentation. I noticed the locals were taking doggie bags home. It is that kind of place. It is good at what it is a local restaurant without pretensions but with good food and drink.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

they have a nice menu and are obviously popular with locals, who get preferential service. Calamari was undercooked and greasy and the pizzas were overcooked and very dry. Fries ditto. Hamburgers and sandwiches not bad. Generally on the expensive side for the quality ($14-15 for a hamburger). Had to haggle for advertised discounts and did not honor all. Bottom line - menu and prices are top end, food and ambience diner....(and not good either)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A bit off the beaten track but worth the drive. Walked thru the front door to be greeted by the smell of great food and the smile of the wait staff. The decor is nothing fancy but the food was excellent. And if you are lucky like we were, one of the guys from The Tragically Hip showed up with his family and ate beside us. Canadian royalty!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I have had a number of lovely meals here. The food is always fresh and they even bake their own panini bread! They take the extra time to make items from scratch.
I saw other reviews about Bella Bistro and I disagree with all the negative ones. The sweet potato fries I'm sure are from frozen but if you go anywhere they will be the same. Frozen! And as for the service, it's always outstanding!!!
This is a restaurant that my family will continue to go to for years to come!
Keep up the good work Bella Bistro!!!