“Great neighbourhood resto”

Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I like everything about Bella. The new owners are very ambitious in a good way. Food quality, especially seafood, is wonderful. Not pricey. Good value. Funky atmosphere in a former formica table restaurant that has been minimally changed. It's about the food and it's really good.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I came here in a party of 6-7 people and had made reservations. I hadn't been here before and was open to trying somewhere new. It was the end of June when we came here in the middle of that hellish heatwave. The place was packed and the air conditioner wasn't able to keep up. It was extemely hot and unbearable.
The restaurant apparently has a lot of drink specials that attracts people. I wasn't that impressed with what Bella had to offer. The bathroom is located in a dingy basement. The decor was blah and the chair I sat in was uncomfortable.
Our food took a long time to come and I couldn't wait to leave. The server knew some of the people I was dining with but that didn't make up for the subpar service. That server appeared to be doing the bulk of the work in the restaurant and couldn't keep up. It seemed to be a staffing issue that evening because it seemed like the staff got slammed with the dinner rush.
Overall, Bella Bistro was ok. I had heard good things about it and it seems like it has a lot of regulars but I expected more.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My spouse and I just had Sunday supper at BB. We were there for lunch a few weeks back. We enjoyed both meals, and certainly plan to return again soon. After all it is only a few blocks from home.
This evening we had the meat lovers pizza (and split it) plus an order of sweet potato frys with chipotle mayo dip to fill any gaps. Both were very tasty. With a large glass of wine and a pint of beer that came to $40. Good value we thought.
For the earlier lunch we had panini sandwiches... Also very good.
The service was very friendly. We were in no rush, but others might have become impatient. Some other tables seemed to have a problem catching the waitress's attention. She did seem to be rushed. But we were fine.
We'll happily go again. But not sure we would make a special trip if it were much further away.

1  Thank fred_cameron
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Bella never fails to please. I love that the food is local and well prepared and that there is something on the menu for every taste. The interior is a bit dated but that makes it a bit quirky. The service is always friendly but not always efficient. Bella tends to get extremely busy right at 5 and then clears out by 7ish. In that busy time, the staff can sometimes get a bit overwhelmed.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Food is from local suppliers and excellent. Small menu, but something for every pa.llet. You need to try the Spicy thai chicken, simply delicious