“Great breakfast spot!”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Seating
Kingston, Canada
“Great breakfast spot!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Cora's has a great selection of excellent breakfast food. If you like fresh fruit, this is definitely the place for you, as an abundance accompanies all dishes. The service is excellent and the food always arrives quickly. Even if there is a wait to get a table, which occurs occasionally on weekends, it usually isn't very long. I only have two criticisms: (1) the location (west end strip mall) is poor - downtown would be way better; and (2) the back room, which is used when it is busy, can be very noisy. Otherwise, this is a great place to have breakfast and is definitely recommended.

Ottawa, Canada
“Horrible experience, horrible owner!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

In short, went here last month with my husband while on a house hunting trip. At the door waiting to be seated, she asked how many people and I asked if we could have a booth, then the cashier behind her snapped at her really loudly and said no booths! I couldn't believe how rude and embarrassing that was. We should have walked out right there, but I bit my tongue. We were seated, then the waitress came after 20mins. I asked for an ommlette with no ham, which I always order from Cora's. She said they don't do that, but if I want a plain ommlette with vegetables we would have to wait if there are leftovers from other customers place for them to use. I called for the owner, and had it out with her. She said if I wanted no pork in my meal then the other locations were just picking it out. I said there are a lot of Jews and Muslims that would have a huge issue with that, and she said we then shouldn't be eating there. I'm in the process of speaking to many in head office at the moment. Also, when my husband said he's military and very offended by her views, she said military people are overrated..this was the owner. Never go here!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank TorontoFreqFlyer
Kingston, Canada
“I don't get this chain”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I know so many people who rave about Cora's, especially as a breakfast restaurant. I don't get it.
It seems like the take the most mediocre Brekfast fare, dump a lot of fruit on it and jack the price up. Way over hyped

2 Thank Greg R
Rabat, Morocco
“great breakfasts”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

busy place, expect a line up.. but the food is worth it.. although you should budget as if you were going to dinner not breakfast

1 Thank Sarah P
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Best breakfast in town”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

normally I do not think of chains as great places. But Coras is a little different. The atmosphere is laid back, there is lots of light, lots of fruit and healthy options. The portions are reasonable because breakfast should be moderate and you should not gorge yourself that early in the day. You leave satisfied but not gross.

• Visited January 2012