“Perfect spot for late night snacks and beer”
Review of Fanatics Sports Lounge - CLOSED

Fanatics Sports Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect spot for late night snacks and beer”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This sports-bar has been frequented by my family on many late night rendezvous, usually after a local event such as a hockey game. We have always found the service to be good as well as the food. They usually have some kind of beverage special that is appealing to many in our group. Service is friendly and generally fast. Booths have individual TV monitors, but other large-size monitors are spread throughout. Parking is available on this lively part of the street, but if in short supply local custom allows short term parking at the grocery parking lot across the street.

• Visited July 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Very Average”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It has gone down hill, always feel nick led and dimed when eating here. I go because it was a friends favourite spot, but now he is having second thoughts. The food is nothing special, just bar food served on paper in a basket. I will say no matter where I sat I could see a TV.

Visited May 2014
Kingston, Canada
“Beer was cold, now for the bad news.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for a meal before the game. I had eaten here before twice. Both times had the wings and they were quite good. This time we ordered off of the menu. While I like typical bar/lounge food, there really wasn't much else to choose. I am going to concentrate mostly
on my meal for this review. I ordered a fajita sandwich. I had asked if I could get a salad rather than the fries it comes with. No problem. My bad for not reading the menu. The salad was an additional $2.99.

When our meals came out, there was my sandwich which looked okay along with a tiny bowl of caesar salad. I have eaten many caesar salads and I must admit this one was definitely the worst one I have ever eaten. First the size of it, then the fact that there was no dressing on it, the so called bread crumbs were white toast...it was just cheap. Next came the sandwich. It was tasteless and was served on a stale ciabatta bun. The peppers tasted like they were boiled, not grilled...it was awful. I am not one to complain much but whoever put this together must have worked at Denny's before ( sorry Denny's ). It was crappy cafeteria food.

Having said this, I should also add that the staff was friendly and that the beer was cold.

I did not complain to the manager. The way I look at it, these are the kinds of meals they serve to the general public obviously. I did not want a free meal, I just wasn't happy. Their kitchen management does not care about quality, so why should I care about coming back. Good thing they have lots of students coming there. If they ever run out of wings, they are in trouble.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bobbert63
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Not bad, but won't come back”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was my first and last experience at Fanatic's. I ordered a bacon burger, fries and a drink and the food tasted great. However, the portion size was embarrassing... you get more fries in a McDonald's kids meal. When the final bill is $18 and you need to stop somewhere else afterwards, that's not good.

My biggest complaint though was the presentation... my food arrived in a metal bucket which I guess is supposed to be original so I'll give them a kudos for imagination, but the hamburger bun was soggy from sitting ON the fries and the toppings from the burger had fallen out and were scattered in my bucket.

HELPFUL HINT: If you are very hungry, make sure to order an appetizer because you will still be hungry when you're done.

• Visited March 2014
“Not a bad place to eat :)”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The service was good. Our waitress was pleasant and she managed to stay on top of our drink order. The food was competitively priced and my salad was tasty, if a bit small. My friends lasagna was HUGE and looked appetizing. She was pleasantly surprised.

No major complaints. We would return.