“Very Average”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kingston, Canada
“Very Average”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It has gone down hill, always feel nick led and dimed when eating here. I go because it was a friends favourite spot, but now he is having second thoughts. The food is nothing special, just bar food served on paper in a basket. I will say no matter where I sat I could see a TV.

Visited May 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Beer was cold, now for the bad news.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for a meal before the game. I had eaten here before twice. Both times had the wings and they were quite good. This time we ordered off of the menu. While I like typical bar/lounge food, there really wasn't much else to choose. I am going to concentrate mostly
on my meal for this review. I ordered a fajita sandwich. I had asked if I could get a salad rather than the fries it comes with. No problem. My bad for not reading the menu. The salad was an additional $2.99.

When our meals came out, there was my sandwich which looked okay along with a tiny bowl of caesar salad. I have eaten many caesar salads and I must admit this one was definitely the worst one I have ever eaten. First the size of it, then the fact that there was no dressing on it, the so called bread crumbs were white toast...it was just cheap. Next came the sandwich. It was tasteless and was served on a stale ciabatta bun. The peppers tasted like they were boiled, not grilled...it was awful. I am not one to complain much but whoever put this together must have worked at Denny's before ( sorry Denny's ). It was crappy cafeteria food.

Having said this, I should also add that the staff was friendly and that the beer was cold.

I did not complain to the manager. The way I look at it, these are the kinds of meals they serve to the general public obviously. I did not want a free meal, I just wasn't happy. Their kitchen management does not care about quality, so why should I care about coming back. Good thing they have lots of students coming there. If they ever run out of wings, they are in trouble.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bobbert63
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Not bad, but won't come back”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was my first and last experience at Fanatic's. I ordered a bacon burger, fries and a drink and the food tasted great. However, the portion size was embarrassing... you get more fries in a McDonald's kids meal. When the final bill is $18 and you need to stop somewhere else afterwards, that's not good.

My biggest complaint though was the presentation... my food arrived in a metal bucket which I guess is supposed to be original so I'll give them a kudos for imagination, but the hamburger bun was soggy from sitting ON the fries and the toppings from the burger had fallen out and were scattered in my bucket.

HELPFUL HINT: If you are very hungry, make sure to order an appetizer because you will still be hungry when you're done.

• Visited March 2014
“Not a bad place to eat :)”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The service was good. Our waitress was pleasant and she managed to stay on top of our drink order. The food was competitively priced and my salad was tasty, if a bit small. My friends lasagna was HUGE and looked appetizing. She was pleasantly surprised.

No major complaints. We would return.

Regina, SK, Canada
“NHL, yes. CFL, no.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went here specifically to watch a CFL game. We asked, but the manager refused to turn on the sound. But, when the hockey game came on in the middle of the CFL game, he switched ALL the tv's over and turned on the sound. Of course, we asked for the CFL game to be put back on the tvs we were watching, which he did, but we still had to listen to the NHL game.

The Nachos were passable - (cheese 'sauce' instead of real cheese), and the Slider Sammys were two bites each.

The server apologized for the manager and was there whenever we needed a refill or more food. Thing is, NO ONE was watching the NHL game, (no cheers when either team scored). But, while the place was nearly empty, (on a Saturday night), there were others watching the CFL game, and cheering for our team.

I wouldn't recommend this lounge to CFL fans.

• Visited October 2013
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at Fanatics Sports Lounge, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are sorry that you did not have a more enjoyable experience watching the CFL game during your recent visit to our restaurant. We do have a number of televisions and are therefore able to show many different games, however we can only turn the volume on for one event. Generally hockey draws the largest number of viewers, especially on a Saturday night, so the volume was turned on for the hockey game.