“If it was less soupy it would have been better.”

Mango Thai & Pan Asian Cuisine
Ranked #61 of 437 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and myself both ordered the Green Curry Chicken and It came with rice. It was very spicy and it was very soupy. You needed two bowls of rice each just to absorb all the juice. The taste was good, it just wasn't what we were expecting from a Thai restaurant (and we have visited many!). We sat near the window which was way better than sitting in the middle of the restaurant. We could actually hear each other talk! It was decent for the price, but I wouldn't come here again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

In town for a long weekend visit and surprised that we passed probably 4 different Thai places in the downtown area during our walking. One evening we decided to try this one. Place was staffed by 3-4 young college-age girls who, while did generally provide decent service, were more interested in hanging out with their friends at other tables or back at the counter amongst themselves (took a little wait to get refills). Interior was brightly lit and while they had candles available, none were lit. While generally presented okay (but not fancy), appetizers and entrees were brought out without any smaller dishes for sharing. Prices were fair and the food tasted fine. While we had no problems, I would probably recommend trying somewhere else with a little more ambience next time.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

A nice little place that I try to get to every time I'm in Kingston. Not as spicy as some but for average palates its perfect.

Several Tom Yum soups and all are excellent.

Not cheap but great value.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

When I was a far more sensitive and less adventurous eater, Mango was my go-to Kingston restaurant for Pan-Asian food. It has a good mix of dishes for people sensitive to spiciness and prefer a more westernized take on Asian dishes. Their cashew chicken, pad thai, and green and red curries are all great for Thai-beginners. The place is often packed, which makes for a nice atmosphere, but can also mean a longer wait. Service varies considerably--you'll just have to get lucky. The setting is mixed; there's a nice waterfall feature, but the rest of the dining room leaves a lot to be desired--it's not really a location for romance, but great for groups of friends. Prices are reasonable, food is fresh, and portions are generous (I always had leftovers for lunch the next day, which was appreciated). I go to Mango far more infrequently now, because I find it to be pretty average for Asian cuisine in Kingston. But I do still acknowledge how much I used to like this place and definitely recommend it to casual diners with a more reserved palate.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Actually when l spent a semester in Kingston, Mango was just below my residence!
Needless to say, l was eating a lot of Thai food there.

And definitely it is a great place! I first discovered it with a group of new friends.. and l found it be veggie-friendly..
It ended up being one of my most preferred eating destinations in Kingston.

It's reasonably priced, served good portions, you can choose between S/M/L for soups, which were really good too!

Try the Tom Yum Soup, the Veggie Pad Thai, the Green Curry, and my personal fave: the raw mango salad!!!!

1  Thank vijjih