“Great Thai food in the heart of the downtown action”

Mango Thai & Pan Asian Cuisine
Ranked #56 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Great Thai food in the heart of the downtown action”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I visited Mango's again recently and we were both very pleased with our meal, as is usually the case. My wife didn't want a heavy meal so she ordered the Fresh Shrimp rolls and I ordered the Cashew Chicken, extra spicy. Our order arrived promptly and was nicely presented, unfortunately my wife commented that the rolls needed a 'little bit of zip' and found them fresh but uninteresting. My cashew chicken on the other hand was just what the doctor ordered. It came with a considerable amount of stir fried chicken, and lots of fresh stir fried veggies in a wonderful, spicy soy sauce dressing. I ordered rice on the side which seems to be an extra at Mango. All told our bill came in at just over $ 20.00 plus tip and we left well satisfied. I can also recommend the curries at Mangos.

• Visited October 2012

Canada
“Have the Lemongrass fried rice-vegetarian”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We try to have dinner somewhere different each time we go through Kingston. Always had good meals and this time we hit on their Blues Fest so that was a added bonus. Stopped at Mango Thai and Pan-Asain on Princess St. It's not a place to go have a romantic dinner if that is what your are looking for but food and service was good. Try the Lemongrass Fried Rice-it was so good!!! I had to take some home. Walking distance to the waterfront, had no problem finding parking. Great music after dinner.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto
“Wonderful Thai Food in a Great Town”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Visited Mango again after two years to get away from a crappy cottage we rented 60 mins north of Kingston.
So maybe it was the cottage cuisine or maybe we were just plain old hungry, but the food this time around was delicious and yum yum to boot. We had the usual: spring rolls, satay chicken, mango salad and pad thai. All were piping hot.
The staff were wonderfully pleasant -- maybe it's a Kingston thing -- and they gave us the very front of the restaurant so the kids could look out the window and entertain themselves with the impending collision between a transit bus and a mini-van. How did they ever know that was going to happen?
As I said, service was wonderful!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank zparyani
Quebec City, Canada
“Yummy”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Best Thai food I have had in a while! Authentic taste, very decent selection. Not the prettiest place, but inexpensive and yummy.

1 Thank Lunesouslesoleil
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Suprised!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Their "Seafood Delight" is awesome with fresh seafood and charming coconut source. Tom Yum is so "yummy!". Spice and sour, just enough to feel the balance in the dish. I really love them all.

Visited August 2012