“Excellent meal”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice menu with a mix of Greek and Italian dishes. I got the veal chop which was fantastic. The other 3 people got the lamb shank which was very good. The Verdiccio wine was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Grecos Grill & Wine Bar

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were in Kingston again and our choice for dinner was Grecos once more.. I thought about trying something different this time, but I just had to have the slow-roasted lamb shank again.
Absolutely superb meal. Our waiter was Kerry and he is everything a waiter should be and more. He not only tells you what every entrée is, but also how it is prepared, and his wine selection was spot on.

1  Thank rick h
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on our way to Mississauga from Vermont.. (a long, tiring drive)
Following adcice from friends we looked on trip advisor and this restaurant was first on the list. Not far off the hyw. It was worth the stop. Fabulous food, warm friendly staff

1  Thank tripsforthekings
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were heading to Kingston for a show, so we decided to try this place out. We called for a reservation on our 1 1/2 hour drive there, which we were not able to get at the time because they were full. (not surprising, as there was a big show at the K Rock centre, just down the road) Disappointed, we decided to look for another choice. While browsing TA on my phone, the restaurant called me back to say they would squeeze us in. How awesome is that? They are a fairly small establishment and when we arrived, it was absolutely packed, except for our lovely little table for two. At this point, we were already impressed. Then we tried their food. They obviously pour alot of pride and love into their menu and food preparation. The tzaziki has the perfect garlicy kick that we both love. We ordered a large greek appetizer platter, which was delicious and very filling. If you order the platter, order a small entry! We were unable to finish our dinner, we were so stuffed! They have the best souvlaki, according to my husband. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. I had a Tiger Shrimp special, with bruschetta topping, feta cheese and olives. Heavenly! Our server was fabulous. Even though they were horribly busy, we felt attended to and that they appreciated our business. We would make the drive to Kingston, just to return to Greco's.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I encouraged my family to eat here based on the TripAdvisor recommendations. We weren't disappointed at all. It was a Wednesday and we stopped in without reservations around 6pm and were seated immediately. Our server was friendly, attentive, and very knowledgeable about the food and wine. We started with complimentary bread basket with a special Greek spread of mashed potatoes and caviar (SO DELCIOUS!). We ordered our starters based on his recommendations (saganaki, spanikopita, and mussels) and we not disappointed at all, instead we were anxious to see how our entrees would compare. My husband ordered the lamb shank that was on special (other reviewers had recommended this as well) and he was in heaven, the lamb melted in your mouth (his words, I don't eat meat). My dad ordered the Mousaka with 2 lamb chops. My mom and I shared the Shrimp Bruschetta special and loved it! The potatoes and rice had lovely flavour, the shrimp bruschetta was something special that's for sure. My dad was the one who needed extra help clearing his plate, as his portion was very large (maybe he could've done without the 2 lamb chops he ordered on the side?). We had a great dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our waiter and the atmosphere. The restaurant was full our entire meal, from students to couples to families enjoying birthday celebrations. I would go back in a heart beat! Highly recommended!