“Great food”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had lunch - tomato soup, Caesar salad, moussaka. All delicious. Decor is what it is but the food's awesome.

1  Thank Joanna R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Dropped in for lunch by chance and what a great decision that was! The menu had plenty of choices but I went for one of the specials of the day, a pasta dish with home-made sausage including soup and bread for around $12. My request for a salad instead of soup was no problem and I was offered a choice of salads. Everything was excellent - the pasta was full of flavour without being over-rich and the garlic sausage was divine. The greek salad was really good in every respect and was a very generous size - almost a meal in itself. Even the bread was delicious, especially so in contrast to the tasteless fluff I'd been experiencing across the border in the US.

This restaurant was a cool, quiet retreat when it was busy and hot outside. The service was also exemplary and I'd definitely go for dinner if I was staying in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Two had lamb one had sea food special and one had prime rib. Excellent help from staff I wanted something they didn't have the cook said he would make it from scratch. This is bending over backwards to please. Thank you. Every one was very pleased with food, decorum, presentation and staff. Washrooms are not disable nor age friendly down steep stairs in the basement. They were clean. The staff expressed their appreciation for the buisness. A little expensive but worth the price. Parking on the street at metres. Our group was very happy with our choice and would go again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Taromosalata (sp?), octopus, moussaka and chicken kabob were all very authentic tasting and excellent dishes. It was nice to have a bottle of Greek wine too, which isn't easy to find in LCBO. We reserved a table on a Saturday night and were glad we did since it was packed. Service was great, and our server let us relax and chat casually after our meals were finished so we didn't feel rushed at all.

Great Greek cuisine and nice atmosphere for either a couples dinner or a group.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I dined at Greco's for the first time recently based on a recommendation and it was very good.
I had the Lamb Shank and it was very good. My daughter had the chicken souvlaki and it was equally as good. I liked the decor and the fact that the owner/chef spoke with us and made suggestions on the menu and appeared quite passionate about if cooking. This added to the dining experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we will be back!