“Somewhat overpriced”

Pan Chancho
Ranked #1 of 8 Bakeries in Kingston
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Pan Chancho is a bakery and cafe that makes everything in house. In addition to our baked goods and sit down menu items, we have a large selection of salads, sandwiches and main courses available to go. Our kitchens make a variety of ready for the oven frozen goods, and we carry a wide selection of imported and local cheeses, groceries and home-made pantry items for our customers.
Canada
“Somewhat overpriced”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This deli / cafe is a favourite of ours here in Kingston. With a wide selection of cheeses, breads, meats and other goodies and a decent cafe up a half flight of steps and patio in back it is a very nice place to spend a relaxing mid morning on a spring or summer weekend.

FL
“Small, busy, interesting”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stopped by the store after eating at Chez Piggy for lunch and strolling the streets of Kingston. Thought we would just 'pop in" for a look. Perhaps it was just that it was Thanksgiving weekend, but the store was extremely busy and to crowded to move. The layout of the store created a "flow" problem, but don't let that take away from the overall experience of what they have. They have an amazing selection of breads, meats, and other fresh goods - you can pop in, pick them up and have a great little picnic lunch or take them home to serve. Definately check them out! I will be returning.

Visited October 2012
Kingston, Canada
“For serious food lovers and connaisseurs”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Pan Chancho is a paradise for food lovers. It is a state of the art bakery that offers a wide variety of breads, croissants, pains au chocolat, etc. It also is a wonderful place to buy prepared food, as in, made by a chef and ready to eat. There is a second chef that does marvelous patisseries, cakes, pies, etc. One also finds frozen and fresh tourtieres, quiches, meats and now dairy products as well, all from local producers. They have an extensive selection of fine cheeses, olives and gourmet products. I often buy my lunch on the way to work, there is always a good choice of meats, soups, salads, and pastas, not to mention their scrumptuous sandwiches. To try your hand at home, you can buy their cook book too!

Pan Chancho has a beautiful café designed with lots of flair and in the warmer months, you can sit on the patio in the back. This is really fine cuisine in Kingston, a unique place and a real gem that contributes to making Kingston such a special place. It is a must for all visitors, right downtown and with plenty of parking nearby. Prices, for the quality, is lower than what I've seen in Europe. Treat yourself!

• Visited December 2012
“My favorite place in Kingston”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Simply the freshest, most delicious, best food in Kingston! The service is prompt, the coffee is hot, the mo-meaty burger is mouthwatering and the desserts are hard to refuse. You can't go wrong for a delicious brunch here!

Italy
“Most amazing meal in a long time”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I visited Pan Chancho after seeing it on Tripadvisor. I waited about fifteen minutes for a seat in the cafe at 2pm on a Tuesday. At the suggestion of the staff I ordered the Bombay chicken and waffles. The waiter noticed that it was taking a while so he brought me some goat feta in olive oil with black peppercorns and some incredible bread. It was delicious and very thoughtful of him to bring to me (I didn't feel like I had been waiting all that long).

The entree was indescribably good. I won't go any further other than to say it was one of the most delicious and unique dishes I have ever had. Order it!

For dessert I had a butter tort that was also amazing. For my entire gluttony fest, It cost about $22 + tip.

They also have a wonderful bakery and deli counter. I bought two sandwiches to eat over the next day.