“Great night out”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
prince edward county, ontario
“Great night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

First time I have been to this Keg...we really enjoyed the atmosphere and it made for a nice date night out. Food was good, meat (steak and prime rib) cooked perfectly. Staff were very attentive. We liked the fact that the food was fresh and not packaged- I would rather pay a little extra for this any day.

Napanee, Canada
“Excellent Steaks & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We recently visited The Keg with friends for dinner. As usual the meal and service were second to none. We have dined her before but not recently. I enjoy my steak "blue rare" while my wife likes hers cooked "rare". I must say that both were done to perfection and were delicious. We have dined at other restaurants that will not cook steak below medium rare. The seafood that accompanied the steak and ceasar salad were both delicious as well. We will be back hopefully in the not too distant future.

• Visited December 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“High hopes; not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I haven't been to a Keg for many years but stopped in for dinner while I was in the area.

I sat in the bar area but on the upper level -- be warned, as this level is extremely cold (windows at head height + cold from front door when people enter/leave).

I ordered the 10oz prime rib, medium rare, with loaded baked potato. Meat was rare -- tasty but had a fair amount of fat/gristle around the outside. Still, it was tasty.

Not so the baked potato. It tasted as though it had been microwaved (super hot in spots) and had been charred on top.

The onion straws were oily and the oil was old.

I expected more from The Keg, especially at their price point.

1 Thank mel1000
Kingston, Canada
“Nice Atmosphere, Great Service, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've always like the Keg. There is nothing really to complain about here. If I was to be picky I would say that the menu lacks selection and that it is really quite expensive for what you get. The steaks were great and done to perfection and the atmosphere was cozy which was especially nice given how nasty this winter has been. It's location is central enough that it will attract the tourists and business people from the downtown hotels. We will be back.

Kingston, Canada
“New Years Eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a lovely dinner on New Year's Eve at The Keg. It was very busy and noisy though and not the romantic atmosphere I was hoping for. Aside from that, the service and food were very good.
Not sure I would go back for a special occasion though.

• Visited December 2013