“Nice Atmosphere, Great Service, but expensive”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've always like the Keg. There is nothing really to complain about here. If I was to be picky I would say that the menu lacks selection and that it is really quite expensive for what you get. The steaks were great and done to perfection and the atmosphere was cozy which was especially nice given how nasty this winter has been. It's location is central enough that it will attract the tourists and business people from the downtown hotels. We will be back.

There are newer reviews for The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a lovely dinner on New Year's Eve at The Keg. It was very busy and noisy though and not the romantic atmosphere I was hoping for. Aside from that, the service and food were very good.
Not sure I would go back for a special occasion though.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a meal at the Keg just after Christmas and like the previous time (in Sept. 2013) the meal was great. It is a pleasant atmosphere and the food was excellent. Our meat was done to perfection and the staff was more than friendly and accommodating.

Yes, it is a little pricier but at least you get good value for the money and an excellent meal made on the spot. Nothing worse than the warehouse food that you get from all the chain restaurants nowadays.

I look forward to our next visit there!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Steak was excellent and cooked to perfection. While the Keg is no longer the affordable restaurant it once used to be, the overall quality of the food was very good and the service was also good.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I always eat here when in Kingston(6-8 times a yr) Always friendly service from the hosts to servers. I recommend the filet classic or BBQ Chicken and Rib dinner. If you have room for cheesecake, do it.