“Amazing salads!!”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Having eaten so much it was fantastic to find such tempting salads on a menu. I had a spinach salad with goats cheese, caramelised pecan, strawberries & cranberries, this topped with a skewer of shrimps was just fabulous. Staff were great & attentive. Good beer...Can't fault this chain of restaurants.

1  Thank judyaj
There are newer reviews for The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I love this restaurant. The food is always fresh and delicious. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant is very clean. The menu has something for everyone. Steaks to die for!! The prices vary per dish. Typically in the $20 range

1  Thank CullenOCD
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We ate at The Keg while visiting 1000 Islands staying in Gananoque. The restaurant was situated in a pleasant neighborhood near the river. There were 10 free parking spots at the rear and we were fortunate enough to find a spot. There were metered parking otherwise on the streets. We arrived more than 30 minutes prior to the reservation but the hostess was very kind to seat us right away. This was representative of their overall service quality which was excellent. The place was pretty big but they had several dining rooms so the room that we were seated did not have that big auditorium feel like in Morton's, for example.

The waitress was very helpful in explaining the menu and the specials for the day. We ordered steaks (what else?) and a mushrooms neptune to share. The waitress gave us a heads up on their notion of meat cooking levels which were described on the menu but we really did not see any difference compared to the "norm". After sharing the delicious appetizer, we were surprised to find that the "wellness" was unexpected. For example, we ordered medium which was like medium well and medium well which was like well done. Nevertheless, the steaks were very flavorful and tasty.

The bill came out to be like 240 including the tip with a bottle of wine for a party of 5 so it was very reasonable.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've come here several times with groups of 5+ and the service has always been great. Food is pricey but delicious, reservations required.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We celebrated my husbands birthday at the Keg, on the night of June 30th this year. Our table was ready for us, and the service was impeccable.

The only problem was the steak that I ordered, which was the steak Oscar, was so tough, that I kept chewing and chewing, and couldn't break down the meat, so I left it. The server offered to pack it up for me, but I told her that I didn't want it. She did not ask if was OK.

I did not want to make a fuss, as it would have spoiled the birthday party atmosphere. When you go to a place like the Keg, you expect good quality steaks, and I was quite disappointed with the quality of the steak, being so tough. I had also ordered it rare, but it came medium well. I doubt if we will go there again. It was very expensive a meal, and for that price you expect quality.