“Steak”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Kingston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Kingston
“Steak”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Really romantic atmosphere. Downtown Kingston. Food is always exceptional.

Lansdowne, Canada
“Good steak....but expensive”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Like all Kegs this one has decent steaks but is over-priced. Location is great with some limted parking (which is unusual for DT Kingston) and the decor is dark with a modern flare. Typical "Great Looking" wait staff, same as all Moxies and Kegs (not complaining just observing). The food is tasty and the steaks are always cooked the way they are ordered. My biggest complaint is the box store mentality....no chef experimenting with tastes or textures. The menu is written in stone. This is a feel good, can't miss for those that want the tried and true. The bar side is crowded and loud (it is the bar side!), not recommended if you want a nice dinner and the main house is full either wait or come back...

1 Thank bigmanfoody
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Well, I decided to take my Family to The Keg as everyone was in the mood for steak and seafood. I was expecting an 'Eastside Marios' experience, which is a step up from Burger King.
There were four adults, and two kids in our party and we all ordered different items. I had a special with a 8 oz sirloin with shrimp and crab in a bechamel. When the plate came to my table, I seen that the seafood mixture with sauce was right on top of my steak and I thought 'oh my god!'. To my surprise this was EXCELLENT! It was just so weird seeing steak and seefood mixed together, but this combination with the exquisite sauce worked to perfection! All meals had excellent taste and appearance! The service was excellent, and I will guaranteed be back!

• Visited December 2011
“Foods fantastic”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I've been to the keg several times, most recently ive had the prime rib and the French onion soup to start the food was fantastic however I'm not a fan of eatin in the dark which is how I feel when I dine there I understand that they are trying to create a romantic atmosphere however the lights are way to dark for my liking the service was pleasant not very knowledgable however very nice

Kingston, Canada
“Unique and excellent tasting steak.”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I went for our anniversary. The staff was quite friendly and the manager showed up near the beginning of our main course to see that everything was going well. I choose a sirloin steak with pecans and a tangy sauce, which turned out to be an excellent choice. The steak was done exactly as I wanted it (med well) and I probably could have cut it with a fork.

I like this restaurant because even though it is huge, it is sub-divided into smaller sections that give it a more intimate feel.

• Visited October 2011