“Good old fashioned pub grub”
Review of The Toucan

The Toucan
Ranked #68 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Irish Pub with Live Entertainment, 22 Draught beers and cider, full food menu, daily specials, courtyard patio, Kingston's long time favourite located right downtown in one of the old stones of Kingston.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I ate outside in a wonderful back alley (courtyard) in downtown Kingston. Great atmos[here. Great chicken sandwich and fries. Cold beer. And all this at a reasonable price. Well worth the visit.

There are newer reviews for The Toucan

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The toucan is a good picture of with some character located downtown Kingston. It is right by chez piggy

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Took a gaggle of 4 middle-aged adults and 3 teens for lunch on a summer weekend. Sat on the kinda dingy patio and the group had a variety of foods from the menu: sweet potato poutine w/ curry gravy (not bad!), chipotle pulled pork sandwich (what was I thinking? this is not the place for pulled pork), bangers & mash...and now I forget what everyone else had. Anyway, I got to sample from a few plates and thought, "Meh--so-so". The service was good/attentive, the on-tap cider (Foundry) good, food was hot and came promptly. I've had their burgers before and been well-pleased. The bangers & mash was spot-on. Portion sizes were hearty. I think one should stick to true pub grub here--I understand the fish&chips are (is?!) good. Not pricey. Not going to take any prizes in the culinary division but everything seemed freshly made, nicely presented. Food is the accompaniment to one's outing here, not the purpose--bring lively friends, have a couple of drinks...and if hunger pangs start, then you'll have to grab some grub.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I don't drink and even I love this place! I have gone here on multiple occasions. I usually order a Shirley Temple to drink. I love their $4 sweet potato fries and their half prices wings Sunday-Tuesday. If we go after dinner, we will each order an appetizer and share. If we go for dinner, I always get the wings. This place is nice to grad students-Thursday half price nights on all food! The staff are very friendly too. They gave me a free shot on my Birthday.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

food was good, service was good, staff friendly, prices realistic unlike the other eateries in the downtown core, a menu you can actually understand the menu items and ingredients lol, unlike the snobby "chef establishments" all too frequent in the neighbourhood.. the place need a makeover yes

I had the special... meatloaf $8.95 and was as good as any I've had..its not fancy...you want fancy go elsewhere and pay 25-30 bucks for pasta.