“Sunday Brunch”

Ranked #15 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Exceptional food, fine wine, evocative art and soothing music, Windmills satisfy all the senses. For close to 30 years we have offered an eclectic menu from around the world in a sophisticated yet unpretentious atmosphere. Windmills lets you settle in to quiet nooks, a friendly, fully-licensed bar or our ever popular window seat overlooking Princess Street or outdoor patio. Ever changing and unique artwork graces the walls. Using only the freshest ingredients, many from local producers, our dinners are true masterpieces, our lunches divine, our Saturday and Sunday brunches, the talk of the town. Our chef’s easel is your plate. Come delight your senses. Many Gluten Free options available.
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Lovely! Understandably a little wait (in a headed vestibule) for such a popular locale. The owner moved the line along very quickly with a combination of smiles, conversation and humor. We had Eggs Benedict and The Chorizo, Monterey Cheese Frittata. Both were delicious! In fact the Frittata was a cut above a similar Jack cheese frittata I had on the Monterey Peninsula in California just two weeks ago. Great service, nicely appointed restaurant, great location and free Sunday parking on the streets. Go, you'll be pleased and satisfied by this superb restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Windmills

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We tried to stop in for lunch and we didn't even step in the door and were told we were in the way and to move by an angry looking waitress. I had never been here before and certainly won't be trying again.

1  Thank Foxx1984
Windmillsrestaurant, Owner at Windmills, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

I sorry your experience at the door was not the best, but I know that you have misinterpreted the body language and words of the hostess or manager or waitress at the door. Our Saturday and Sunday brunches are always very busy and we often must ask our waiting guests to stand back so our guests who are seated in the area are provided their space to enjoy their meal and also so our service staff can serve the tables in the area. My staff are well trained not to offend, quite the opposite to make people comfortable even when they are waiting.

It's unfortunate that you didn't stay long enough to enjoy a meal at Windmills, our food and service is highly regarded as most reviewers on Trip Advisor attest to. Please feel free to call me (Ed) as I'd be pleased to talk to you directly about your experience.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Such a great environment, lovely wait stafff and delicious food:) Me and my family would love to go back to Windmills next time were in Kingston!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Went here on a Sunday for the brunch! No line this time :) Had the eggs benedict, no complaints there, just that the sauce definitely had a tangy..unique taste to it. Can't put my finger on it, but yummy none the less. Great home fries and oj. As an avid coffee drinker, I wasn't a fan of theirs, but maybe you'll like it?

Would recommend this as a cozy, close-quartered restaurant to go with friends or family.

I'll go back to try lunch or supper!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Windmills has a wunderkind chef and she just celebrated a birthday! We went in the day before her birthday and she cooked a steak dinner with polenta and perfect Brussels sprouts for us. Jess, our waitress could not have been nicer or made a better Cosmopolitan for a novice martini drinker. We had a lovely evening there and will be sure to visit again next time we are in Kingston.