“New Years Eve Dinner”

Ranked #13 of 450 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Exceptional food, fine wine, evocative art and soothing music, Windmills satisfy all the senses. For close to 30 years we have offered an eclectic menu from around the world in a sophisticated yet unpretentious atmosphere. Windmills lets you settle in to quiet nooks, a friendly, fully-licensed bar or our ever popular window seat overlooking Princess Street or outdoor patio. Ever changing and unique artwork graces the walls. Using only the freshest ingredients, many from local producers, our dinners are true masterpieces, our lunches divine, our Saturday and Sunday brunches, the talk of the town. Our chef’s easel is your plate. Come delight your senses. Many Gluten Free options available.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We thought we would try a little something different for New Years. A night away and a nice dinner. Windmills was more than a nice dinner. It was comfortable, relaxing and had a great atmosphere. The food was fantastic! I would highly recommend this wonderful little find. Price? Well, it was so worth it. I would go again. In fact they gave us a 10.00 off next visit! Looking forward to it!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We chose this restaurant be a use of the good reviews, but were disappointed. Firstly, there were portable heaters all over which in my mind is a safety hazard. I ordered a curry chicken wrap. I could barely taste curry, the chicken tasted previously frozen and it was just sloppy and tasteless. My husbands said his sandwich which was the daily special was ordinary at best. Disappointing. Will never be back.

Windmillsrestaurant, Owner at Windmills, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

From time to time we fail to meet our high standards as we did in this instance, for that I apologize and encourage you to try us again. Our many positive reviews attest to meeting our own high standards and those of our guests much more often than not. At lunch our chicken curry wrap has been on the menu for many years because it is repeatedly one of our guests favorites.

Our furnace failed over the holiday season. We are installing a new HVAC system and in the interim using electric heat to keep everyone warm. Having the new system installed over the holiday season has complicated matters, for this I apologize.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I've been coming to Windmills for many years, and on every single trip through or to Kingston.
There's nothing ultra fancy about this place, but the service is always impeccable, the portions are generous, and the atmosphere is that of a town staple.

Their menu isn't very extensive, but includes regular breakfast fare with some additional 'gourmet' items. I won't go through what I've ordered simply because anything you order is probably great quality. The food is fresh, and you have to try the mixed berry pancakes. Also, the fact that they serve natural peanut butter and jams (from Tara Natural Foods, across the street) is a testament to Windmills' Kingston flavor. Small touches like that always sway me over.
As I mentioned, the service is always great, and the place is laid back but still well decorated. The prices are a tad higher than a regular diner, but you're definitely getting better quality items.

I'll probably keep coming back here for years to come - between this, and the Sleepless Goat, and Harper's (see my other reviews), Kingston is a small little gem.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Windmills the other night. Loved the oval table for large groups. We had great service and our waiter was very patient with us, as we tended to chat for ages instead of looking at the menu. We especially liked the crab salad, Inside Out Cordon Bleu and the Creme Brulee. I have lived in Kingston for many years and will definitely have to make dinner at The Windmills more of a habit.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Eight of us had the table in the window last night. All good friends and very chatty so the waiter did a great job of hearing our orders first time, and explaining the specials and other dishes. Service was timely, but we didn't feel rushed, courteous and friendly. Food was good and portion sizes perfect. I would reccomend WindMills to anyone visiting or living in our City.