“Excellent flavourful take out option for downtown Kingston..However they may want to offer you plates and cutlery.”
Review of Curry Original

Curry Original
Ranked #29 of 447 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This was out first experience with Curry Original takeout. We were staying at a nearby hotel with our infant child and wanted to have a flavourful restaurant experience in our room as it is never fair to take a small child to a restaurant for the sake of the child and the other patrons around. The food is very good and always fresh and well presented. The butter chicken was very good, naan was extremely fresh, samosa and other apps were great and we had a mushroom dish that was superb. We have eaten at the restaurant several times in the past when we were visiting the city and this experience was also a positive one. My only issue would be the lack of plates and cutelry to aid the individual staying in a hotel. Thankfully I had learned from our previous trip to Niagara Falls to throw paper plates and cutlery in the baby bag as to avoid an awkward situation. Once again we enjoyed a fabulous meal by Curry Original. I look forward to taking my family back to the restaurant again when we are back in the city and my daughter is a little older.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

loved the food, excellent menu and a beautiful and atmospheric setting- right down by the water - great for a late night date and close to puobs and events that take place in the park at the waterfront- poor parking availability though

Reviewed March 24, 2013

quaint atmosphere, GREAT food, staff is wonderful, right downtown. This restuarant is a little pricey esp if you want to try a lot of dishes however if you only go out for Indian food once in awhile, it is worth the money. The butter chicken is to die for and so is the vindalay beef. Having said that everything we had was wonderful. I LOVE THIS PLACE AND BELIEVE IT IS WORTH THE MONEY FOR THE EXPERIENCE.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This might just be the takeout experience. But I have never had such terrible Indian food, the butter chicken was strange but decent at least but everything else not at all. This is coming from a Indian (so maybe my taste is too high) and a Toronto-resident who goes to numerous Indian restaurants. I feel bad for the people who come here for their first experience it feels terrible to know they have such bad food and make a impression of what Indian food is based on this.

4  Thank Anna276
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Amazing restaurant! Delicious food, very attentive service and reasonably priced - what more could you ask for! Fresh naan, vindaloo, butter chicken are my fav's!