“Lovely decor and home cooked meals!”
Review of Aunt Lucy's Dinner House - CLOSED

Aunt Lucy's Dinner House
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Lovely decor and home cooked meals!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The outdoor garden is lovely in the summer do have a seat on the bench and relax!
Decor inside the restaurant is country cottage charm, lace curtains, brick, brass, wooden chairs, small antiques and an antique stove...Everything so inviting--you feel like you are in a heritage home.....quite a change from today's usual restaurant venues.
Delicious warm buns and scones....many different menu options sure to please any taste!
The desserts are certainly superb! We had warm home-made rice pudding and their famous Blackberry cheesecake...Delicous home cooked meals and fair prices.
Our last visit was a few years ago, but whenever we pass by Kingston, we make a point of stopping at this restaurant en route and we are always glad we did!

• Visited August 2014

Georgetown, Canada
“wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Wished we found this gem earlier in our stay! Really cosy decor and yummy food at a decent price! What more would you want!

Visited August 2014
“Poor service for the price”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Food taste ok but was cold when delivered to table server left and did not return till we paid the bill. Overpriced for quality and service

Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“A Meat and Potatoes kind of place?”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The pretty garden at the front is one of the better features of Aunt Lucy's Dinner House. The service was OK, but the layout of the dining area seems rather chopped up - I suppose in an effort to provide some privacy for diners in what seems to be quite a large establishment. The food was passable but not tasty enough to bring me back to Aunt Lucy's for another visit. I'd prefer to explore some of Kingston's other dining establishments first.

• Visited August 2014
North Bay, Canada
“Very nice place”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was in Kingston for the ride for day May 04 2013, and my sister and her husband took me here, what a treat. My sister and I had the pickerel dinner an it was simply one of the best fish dinners that I can remember having. I either have a burger or fish in restaurants, not sure why but do so a bit of an exert on them. The piano player was really nice to listen to and entertaining. There was a school function in the large room right behind us but it proved to be a very minor issue till they settled in. The service was fast, and excellent, food was hot and done perfectly.

• Visited August 2013