“Too much food”
Review of Aunt Lucy's Dinner House - CLOSED

Aunt Lucy's Dinner House
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We arrived at the restaurant late in the evening - close to closing time and received a warm welcome. We were the only patrons dining but the restaurant still had a nice atmosphere. All of the tables were set and the restaurant is well laid out with cosy booths, tables large enough to seat big groups and smaller settings for 4. I chose fish & chips - a HUGE serve that would have done 2 people. The batter was a bit greasy but the fish tasty enough & the fries yummy. My husband had liver & bacon which he thoroughly enjoyed. We would dine there again but have 1 meal to share.

There are newer reviews for Aunt Lucy's Dinner House

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food was adequate and the service was fairly decent.
What really annoyed me was the small card on the table bemoaning patrons who used credit cards as payment due to the cost.
I'm sorry but that's part of life and when I visited (past tense), it was for business for which I was required to use a card.
I left them a note saying they wouldn't have to put up with me as a credit-card customer any longer. I trust they are immensely happier I have not returned.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The food is plain and over priced. Nice waitress and atmosphere, but I am genuinely angry right now.

1  Thank J311y
Reviewed November 23, 2013

On a previous visit we ordered off the menu and prices were high for what we received, but at least it was good, but with the soft drinks full of ice and the refills charged for. This time we tried the Sunday Buffet. Again,It was costly and again, soft drink refills were charged for. There is a made to order omelette bar, but it is so slow that only one person in our party of 9 bothered with the long and ridiculously slow line up. The main items in the buffet really had little flavour, either overly dry, or covered in bland sauces. The vegetables were overcooked, clearly from frozen. The fresh cut vegetable section was dried out and looked as if it had been prepared days before. Deserts were store bought defrosted squares and so on. The service was non existent, seriously. Plenty of staff hanging around, but no one to help us. We had to interrupt their personal conversations to have them come over and serve us. The atmosphere in this restaurant resembles the buffet at a run down seniors residence. The washrooms are not in keeping with the prices here. We left the restaurant hungry and will most certainly go somewhere else next time.

1  Thank Parker-Toronto
Reviewed November 16, 2013

A small group gathered for lunch! The Mediterranean Salad sounded mouth watering! Well such a disappointment a small plate with lettuce, a couple of hard tomato wedges, some small pepper bits, an onion ring actually a strand, a sprinkle of feta and an olive or two! It is a restaurant that charges for everything, may I have a piece of bread, answer before certainly is 'we have to charge for that', coffee not piping hot, the private room smelt musty and looked tired! But it was full! Not much for vegetarians! Not much for those liking healthy choices! Dessert is an outrageous price, $7.99 for this heated up pecan pie, lots of nut but thin, the smallest dab of ice cream extra! Bill just under $25 for not much that stimulates the palette. I guess it has been here so long it glides on some ancient mystic! Then bills where brought, one person paused, answer I am leaving! I guess you need that tip! Not well done! My reviews are generally positive, rarely poor! But avoid! Maybe home made is the draw, but not great!

1  Thank MASH16