“Really Disappointing!”
Review of Aunt Lucy's Dinner House - CLOSED

Aunt Lucy's Dinner House
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Really Disappointing!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

A small group gathered for lunch! The Mediterranean Salad sounded mouth watering! Well such a disappointment a small plate with lettuce, a couple of hard tomato wedges, some small pepper bits, an onion ring actually a strand, a sprinkle of feta and an olive or two! It is a restaurant that charges for everything, may I have a piece of bread, answer before certainly is 'we have to charge for that', coffee not piping hot, the private room smelt musty and looked tired! But it was full! Not much for vegetarians! Not much for those liking healthy choices! Dessert is an outrageous price, $7.99 for this heated up pecan pie, lots of nut but thin, the smallest dab of ice cream extra! Bill just under $25 for not much that stimulates the palette. I guess it has been here so long it glides on some ancient mystic! Then bills where brought, one person paused, answer I am leaving! I guess you need that tip! Not well done! My reviews are generally positive, rarely poor! But avoid! Maybe home made is the draw, but not great!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MASH16

Kingston, Canada
“Delicious home-cooked meal !”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Aunt Lucy's Dinner House offers home-cooked meals at a reasonable price - delicious and a good portion. I had the full meal deal and the salad with the balsamic dressing was delicious. I had the breaded chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy dish and it was delicious - just enough and i had a bread pudding afterwards. The service was very efficient and our waitress Marilyn was very nice and friendly. I really liked how the restaurant is very spacious and the noise level very low - i was able to catch up with my good friend during the meal and we did not have to worry about others around us. Kingstonians should definitely give this restaurant a try !

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank J L
Arnprior
“Over The Top”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Thuresday night - My wife and I were treated to one of our best restaurant meals in quite a while. Our server, was at our beck and call. From the time we arrived, greeted and shown to our table (we had made reservations), presented with the baked breads and our steaks were the pride of Alberta! Reasonable prices. Our "visit" lasted about a little over an hour and we were treated like royalty. We are not from Kingston, but when we go back this will be our choice for supper.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank DanielLynch1949
Millbrook
“Several good menu choices”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Have dined at this location on a number of occasions and always found the food to be excellent and reasonably priced. Service is good and staff is friendly.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank OzzyPizza
California USA
“Good food a little pricy”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It is an old established restaurant in Kingston.
We found it a little pricy for the food but
the decor is fun and old fashioned.

Visited December 2012