“The best authentic European food this side of the Atlantic.”
Review of Amadeus Cafe

Amadeus Cafe
Ranked #16 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: This Family owned and operated restaurant has been serving authentic European classic dishes since 1992. The Amadeus offers Old World family recipes prepared with locally sourced ingredients. Meats are sourced through Wendy's Mobile Market - via local farmers. Our extensive beer list offers only the finest crafted German beers available. Our wine list offers wine from around the world and of course wines available locally from the County. During the summer season you will be transported back to Germany was you step foot in our hidden Biergarten. Very green and peaceful this is a pleasant way to spends a summers day. Guten Appetit !!!
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This restaurant has to be in tune with the old world standards for fine dining. Unfortunately they are not opened on Sunday's. Have to remember many returning service men from Europe so the standards are very high.

2  Thank gillisonic
There are newer reviews for Amadeus Cafe

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I love going out to eat! I love trying new places, and this one became one of my top five as soon as I got my first meal! It is Kingston best kept secret. With such amazing food to choose from you can not go wrong with anything on the menu. The beer is always gold and tasty and just makes the food better! My favourite part is their private back patio, away from the downtown street traffic it is the perfect place to spend a summer afternoon. This place is just absolutely amazing! One of the only spots that will accommodate a walk in party of 22 people and serve us all fresh hot food at the same time. The staff is always friendly the food always delicious. Perfect place for a quite date or an evening catching up with friends.

2  Thank Christina P
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Visited the Amadeus Restaurant for the 6th time in the last 2 years. We always have the "Rouladen" a German beef dish that keeps me coming back. Atmosphere is great especially their "beer garden out back, A great selection of German beers and they also have large sampler platters and known to have great schitzels, although the rouladen are so good they are always my choice. Their service is excellent.

1  Thank wilkor
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have dined at this restaurant a number of times over the years. The food is always excellent and the atmosphere is lovely.

They serve a wide range of Austrian foods including various snitzels, rouladin, goulash soup or goulash main courses, and many other choices.

The service is always prompt and efficient. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were here with six friends, all of whom have often visited Germany, and the consensus was that Amadeus does a very good job. The schnitzels came in for high praise. I had the Rindsrouladen and found it to be perhaps a bit dry but competently prepared. Still, the Little Bavaria in Toronto does this dish better. The cauliflower soup was fine; so was the cheesecake for dessert. The Amadeus has a good selection of Hacker-Pschorr beers on tap, reinforcing the generally Bavarian atmosphere. The prices are very reasonable, between $10 and $20 for mains. If I were to live in Kingston, I would go here regularly.

1  Thank operalover939