“Very good food, friendly service.”

Woodenheads Gourmet Pizza
Ranked #6 of 447 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food was very good! I had a Nonna Mela pizza and the chocolate strawberry lasagna and they blew my mind. Flavours are well thought out and the staff are friendly and always available to make recommendations. Loved it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went here on a local recommendation. Great location downtown. We were seated quickly in a very funky place. They have two patios but at plus 40 degrees we opted for indoors. We sat right beside the cooking area so we could watch them making the dough. The pizza oven was also there. It was not hot at all! The restaurant has a great vibe, stone walls, jazzy painting and not really loud. The staff and service was great, well paced meal and attentive wait staff. Now to the food. We each had a starter salad - rustic caprese and caesar. Both were amazing, great flavours and fresh. The portions were also great. This is a pet peeve of mine in restaurants - Small salads - not the case here. I saw several people sharing salads. We then had pizzas, again great. The dough is so light it was really tasty. Again everything tasted so fresh. Price is reasonable. Pizzas started under $10 although most are a few dollars more. My final remark was this restaurant again managed to solve another pet peeve of mine...the $3+ dollar fountain pop. I was with a teenager and was happy to see the pop was $1.50, with free refills. Great place I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were taken here by some colleagues, nd it did not dissapoint. We had a seafood platter which was excellent!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is me and my husband's favourite restaurant. Always fresh ingredients and the perfect wood fired crust make this pizza irresistible. Definitely check it out if you get the chance. However a reservation is usually required after 6.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just back from a quick visit to Kingston. Really enjoyed lunch at Woodenheads. The pizza was very tasty and the salads were fresh and beautifully prepared. Will be back. Fast, attentive service!