“Quaint pub experience”

Ranked #30 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Situated in the heart of Downtown Kingston, The Pilot House is the ideal place to meet friends, share a pint and enjoy the best fish & chips in town. Our friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere are sure to make you feel right at home. Choose from a wide selection of fresh fish, coated in our Signature recipe batter, and then served upon a heaping portion of hand cut chips. It's no wonder that people return to Kingston again and again to enjoy the most authentic English Fish & Chips this side of the Atlantic. We also offer a wide selection of draught beer on tap. During the summer months, why not relax with friends on our patio. A short stroll from Confederation Basin and Market Square, makes The Pilot House the perfect place to take a break while enjoying all that Downtown Kingston has to offer.
Calgary, Canada
“Quaint pub experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I go here with my grandfather every time I visit him in Kingston. He loves the place and goes regularly. The food is your typical pub fare and the service is good. I love the location in historic downtown Kingston.

1 Thank Rachel G

Bordentown, New Jersey
“Good Fish 'N Chips, local brew”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My brother-in-law and I made the trip from Cape Vincent to Kingston for the British car show, and we decided to stick with that theme and have fish and chips after we ogled Jaguars, Austin Healeys, Triumphs and MGs--even some Loti (the plural of Lotus--I know, the British thing has gone too far). I went with a local brew, Mackenzie Crosscut, I believe it was, which paired nicely with the Haddock and it was great to know that the local brew was being supported. My haddock was a bit too greasy, but was tender and flaky, unlike the way they do it state side in Clayton, which typically has a much harder shell of batter. This was my second time to Kingston and the last time was probably ten years ago. Kingston is a fun port city with a nice British, nautical bent to it that I enjoy, even when not attending British car shows. I am not ashamed to admit that I am a sucker for the red phone booths, even if they are obsolete--but isn't that what the Brits do so well, cling to tradition. This was also my second trip to The Pilot House. I imagine there are better restaurants in town, but for some reason this has become our tradition, and it's not a bad one. And when you are with your brother-in-law without the children or the wives, well...you get nostalgic for fish and beer and seafaring thoughts start to creep into the conversation, and before you know it, you are planning a trip by boat instead of ferries. I'd go again. Still thinking about that Crosscut, which was quite good. I recommend it. Take you brother-in-law or your dad. You can't go wrong. (Of course, I've been with my wife and my sister-in-law, and they enjoyed it too.)

Ottawa, Canada
“Not as good as it used to be.”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great location and fabulous service but the lunch foods were pretty awful this time. Fish and chips were incredibly greasy. The open faced meatloaf sandwich was a petrified piece of meatloaf on wonder bread with some canned sauce on it. Take a pass.

Utica, New York
“Good fish & chips.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Enjoyed the fish & chips (just back from London and it wasn't quite up to that standard... but very good). Scotch egg was great. The staff was very accommodating & friendly. A standard for us; we'll go back again next time in Kingston.

Kingston, Canada
“Friendly staff, decent fish and chips”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Enjoyed cod and chips. They have great chips. Staff was friendly. The inside can use an update but we sat on the patio anyway. Had their special chicken sandwich on a pretzel bun which was awesome. Husband enjoyed a local brew, happy to see local restaurants supporting local breweries.

1 Thank Brooke S