“Great Tex-Mex in Kingston!”

Lone Star Texas Grill
Ranked #33 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Consistently great Tex-Mex. Good variety of choices on the menu. Large portions + reasonable prices = good value. Excellent house-made corn chips and salsa. Nice patio in the summer. The staff are very friendly. Casual, fun, family-oriented atmosphere. The only drawbacks are that the food is a little salty (so be prepared to be thirsty afterwards) and the restaurant can get noisy when it's busy. Overall, however, this is a great place to eat in Kingston and is highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Lone Star Texas Grill

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went there for our supper there while in Kingston great fun on my birthday, good location right beside our hotel

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Myself and two of my friends decided to try out Lone Star in Kingston for the first time.
I was very disappointed with my experience and I don't know think I will be returning.
In total my friends and I spent $150.00 (including drinks - we had 2 each).
Our experience started off poorly when we tried to call and make a reservation (which they said they don't accept), so we went in and were told the wait was half an hour, for which we were disappointed but decided to wait it out. They told us we could take a seat at the bar but there were no seats... so we were standing around for about 15 minutes until a family finally left and let us sit down. We were offered chips and salsa (which were great) and after about twenty minutes we were called up. The server went to go seat us but then realized that they didn't have a table for us. So we went back to the bar (our seats now taken) and had to wait an additional 5 minutes until they got their act together. We were finally seated and greeted by a very nice server. She did a great job, however forgot our drink orders and had us waiting for about 10 minutes until she fixed them. My food was on the cool side and I was a bit disappointed. I think the waitress did a good job, however her station was busy and didn't have the time to really devote much time on her tables. It wasn't an awful night however I feel cheated as I spent a significant amount of money on a mediocre meal where I had to wait for a long time.

1  Thank Sarah D
Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hi Sarah, we're sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience. Please email me at scout@lstg.ca

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Service professional catered to young children. Food beyound a doubt the best we have tasted. Steak was mouthwatering, hot and cooked to perfection. Menu and prices a big selection to choose from.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were staying in the Kingston area for a few days, and this restaurant was our first choice. It reminded us of a Texas Roadhouse. Our waitress seemed like she was busy and had other things to do. We had to ask for more salsa and chips and she was no where to be found, we had a ask another server. Then we needed refills on our drinks and again, she was incognito, we had to yet again ask another server that was nearby. Other than that the portions were reasonable, and it was really good food, and came the exact way we ordered. We had never visited a Lone Star Restaurant before, but it was decent. It would be a lot of fun to go here on your birthday, because they put a huge hat on you and make you stand while the staff sings happy birthday.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi curliq20, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. If you would like to further discuss your experience, please email me at scout@lstg.ca