“Very good as always.”

Ranked #10 of 445 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Service was pretty good but server seemed new so perfection wasn't there. The food I had (duck confit) was the best I've ever had. Beverage and cocktail prices were reasonable.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived late on Sunday night of Canada Day weekend after a long drive from Detroit to Kingston Ontario, city on the way to a short visit to Montreal. I knew virtually nothing of the city. After finding a hotel, we wondered the eclectic streets of Kingston and followed another couple into a stone passageway onto a courtyard with 2 restaurants-1 a sports bar the other a whimsical patio with an auberge style dining area and bar.

The waitress stopped by immediately for our drink order and explained the specials. Sounded all so good. I guess the menu seemed so tantalizing we had a hard time picking. My husband loved his duck confit covered scallops with steamed bok choy. We shared a tapas small plate of Spanish meatballs, olives and almonds. Very yummy. I ordered the sliced " in season" beefsteak tomatoes with cheese red onions and basil and a most delicious olive oil dressing. Only if the tomatoes were good did I tell her. OMG! Best tomatoes since the 1950's!! A large portion was shared. I picked a small fettuccine oligolio(sp?) with tomatoes garlic and Italian dried peppers. Perfect portion and better than I can make at home.

I told her of our inexperience with this area of Ontario and she promptly returned with several current brochures and events for the next day. She was so friendly and informative that we decided to stay 2 nights in the 3rd oldest city in all of Canada. Can't wait til tomorrow! Thanks Chez Piggy and our friendly server!!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

A lovely place in a very old limestone building, also has patio dining. Wonderful fresh food, delicious & served by very friendly staff. Would highly recommend to all travelling to or living in Kingston. I even purchased a tshirt :)

1  Thank BlondieNWT
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Atmosphere at Chez Piggy is very unique. We went as a party of five including a toddler and ordered the clam chowder, coast to coast canuck plate, lemon roasted chicken, and chicken parm. Nice presentations. Lemon roasted chicken was cooked with good technique but the couscous was drenched in oil. Great and attentive wait staff!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I wish we could give half stars because I would give 3 1/2

First experience was when my husband and I went here for our anniversary on a Saturday night for dinner. The atmosphere was wonderful. The restaurant is tucked away in a little alley and has almost a European feel to it. Staff very friendly and welcoming. It was definitely busy so make reservations if you can. Our dinner was just alright though-my husband had scallops as an app which were not hot or cold but blah, almost as if they had been sitting out. I had soup which also seemed as if it had been sitting out-not hot not cold. Entrées were alright as well but nothing that I would rave about. Crème Brulee was mediocre. I had tea with my dessert and the cream was sour. Just a lot of small things but it does add up, it could have been because it was busy or maybe a new serve but when spending the amount that we did I expect top notch service.

However I have gone back for lunch and it was fabulous. We sat out on the cute terrace which is an absolute must if you go in the summer and its warm. I had the Caesar salad and grilled cheese which was delicious. They put a classy spin on classic meal.

Overall I would go back for lunch but it wouldn't be my first choice for dinner given that there are a lot of other restaurants to choose from in Kingston.

1  Thank Laura B