“Charming”

Ranked #24 of 496 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love this place but more for the idea of it; decor, location, menu than the product delivered. Food is sometimes awesome and sometimes dull. Service is attentive but on our last visit the server brought the wrong daily special with our order. A sign of less-than-caring service. I had oysters in the half shell at lunch and the treatment was different than expected, no standard seafood sauce with a horseradish base, but they were excellent. The soup that day was very good and my wife had a salad she loved. It's a very relaxing place but you can get more for your money at other places in Kingston (if that is a concern for you).

Date of visit: December 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, good food, service was alittle slow. Pricey for what you go, but very tasty. Casual or dress up. Fun walk to get to the restaurant, wish we could have eaten out on the patio. Would go back for sure

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed December 23, 2013

One of the nicer restaurants in Kingston, although if it was in a 'bigger pond' it might not stand out as much. Decor is eclectic. Service is friendly. Decent Cocktails. Decent+ food. Good variety in the menu. Slightly pricey. Worth a visit if you want something above average in the neighbourhood.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We visited at the end of November on a Friday night. It may have been the food I got that made this visit less than desirable but it was a highly suggested restaurant from the locals, so I guess I expected more. We had wine, beer and iced tea for drinks and the duck poutine for an appetizer. The duck poutine was OK. Regular poutine would have been good too. The beer, which escapes me was good and the wine was good. For entrees we did the mussels, scallops and clam chowder. The scallops were cooked well and delicious and that entire dish probably saved my experience. The mussels were overcooked and the sauce was like tomato soup from campbells...gross. The clam chowder was good. Real clams and a chunk of fish in it. My mussels were super disappointing however, some of them had sand in them still, which is a sign they were either frozen or they didn't let them sit in water long enough before they cooked them. Also, some of them appeared to have been opened, which is a health issue. I've never had a full serving of mussels miraculously open...overall it was an average restaurant, but not something to be touted and not worth the price tag.

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank brow1714
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Not going to lie - wasn't sure what to expect when I heard the name :) I am SO glad I went. Gorgeous decor, great service, and a delicious lunch. We ordered scallops, the club and curried chicken sandwich. Everything was absolutely delicious. It was a little on the pricey side for lunch, but I would highly recommend going and I will definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2013