“Very yummy”

Ranked #10 of 445 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, good food, service was alittle slow. Pricey for what you go, but very tasty. Casual or dress up. Fun walk to get to the restaurant, wish we could have eaten out on the patio. Would go back for sure

Reviewed December 23, 2013

One of the nicer restaurants in Kingston, although if it was in a 'bigger pond' it might not stand out as much. Decor is eclectic. Service is friendly. Decent Cocktails. Decent+ food. Good variety in the menu. Slightly pricey. Worth a visit if you want something above average in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We visited at the end of November on a Friday night. It may have been the food I got that made this visit less than desirable but it was a highly suggested restaurant from the locals, so I guess I expected more. We had wine, beer and iced tea for drinks and the duck poutine for an appetizer. The duck poutine was OK. Regular poutine would have been good too. The beer, which escapes me was good and the wine was good. For entrees we did the mussels, scallops and clam chowder. The scallops were cooked well and delicious and that entire dish probably saved my experience. The mussels were overcooked and the sauce was like tomato soup from campbells...gross. The clam chowder was good. Real clams and a chunk of fish in it. My mussels were super disappointing however, some of them had sand in them still, which is a sign they were either frozen or they didn't let them sit in water long enough before they cooked them. Also, some of them appeared to have been opened, which is a health issue. I've never had a full serving of mussels miraculously open...overall it was an average restaurant, but not something to be touted and not worth the price tag.

1  Thank brow1714
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Not going to lie - wasn't sure what to expect when I heard the name :) I am SO glad I went. Gorgeous decor, great service, and a delicious lunch. We ordered scallops, the club and curried chicken sandwich. Everything was absolutely delicious. It was a little on the pricey side for lunch, but I would highly recommend going and I will definitely return.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Chez Piggy has been around forever - I remember going there when I was a student at Queen's in the early 1980s. The decor is little changed during the past 30 years (it could use some updating) but what hasn't is an eclectic offering of fresh, well prepared dishes. There aren't many restaurants where you'll find Vietnamese dishes, pasta and Shepard's pie on the same menu. The portions aren't very large but the food is excellent. Our group had the Shepard's Pie, burrito and ravioli (the first two being daily specials) and we were all pleased with our choices. The service was friendly and efficient and a nice variety of Ontario craft beers are available. Sit upstairs if you can - the soaring ceiling in the 19th century building offering a very nice atmosphere.