“Great ambience with fantastic blueberry tea!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Piggy

Chez Piggy
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Piggy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Kingston, Canada
“Great ambience with fantastic blueberry tea!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

At Chez Piggy there is a level of coziness here. I enjoyed the little courtyard patio where it adjoins and leads to other restaurants. I dined here where I had a few Wolfe Island Iced Teas which is Chez Piggy's version of a Long Island Ice Tea. I asked the server if it has a local element to it which it didn't. That was my only disappointment of the night which did not taint my dining experience. Perhaps, that idea could be implemented in the future though!

I ate the local salad that was enjoyable but I hadn't realized the salad didn't come with any lettuce. It was delicious but I will be aware for the next time to ask. Chez Piggy typically features trendy foods and this is one example of that. It was nice for me to broaden my horizons.

My favorite part of the night was setting down with dessert and a blueberry tea! It was absolute heaven. I could see myself visiting again just for that. My table ordered a few bottles of wine but I was happy trying the restaurant's specialty drinks.

The restaurant has great character which I love. I hear they have a great brunch and I hope to return soon. Thanks for the great experience!

• Visited August 2012

London, Canada
“Not worth the money (sadly)”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Really not worth the money. Food was average but OK. Menu was limited. The bread was the best thing on the table. One gets the feeling that this long-time restaurant is resting on its laurels and needs improving. Won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
New York
“Well recommended place”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We heard from several of the locals that this was the place to go for a great dining experience. They were right.
The stone interior is lovely and the service was top-notch.
My wife and I were very happy with the chicken and steak main courses. The Nova Scotia oysters we started off with were great.
Definitely would come back again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank scubabob50
Halifax, Canada
“Pricey but Good”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The servor we had was rather obnoxious but the food was good. Do not expect a cheap meal though, the restaurant is a long time staple of Kingston and has earned its prices.
If it is a warm evening I recommend sitting in the back garden/patio. Very nice!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank cmacmillz
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was told that I had to try Chez Piggy as it was fantastic. When I went there however I was to be tremendously let down. The service was great, the drinks were superb however the food was far too complicated, rich and way below par. The starter salad was over dressed, the steak was underdone and the dessert was nothing special. I have the feeling that keeping it simple and delicious does is not a part of this establishment's repertoire. Oh well, it was worth a try but I definitely would NOT recommend going.

• Visited July 2013