“Surpisingly chic, yummy and reasonable”
Review of Chez Piggy

Chez Piggy
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Piggy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Surpisingly chic, yummy and reasonable”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our former Inn Keeper host from The Woodland Inn in Cobourg, Ontario recommended this as a good place to stop on our way to Montreal. He was not mistaken. This little mutil storied restaurant is tucked into the back of a store front on Princess Street in Kingston, Ontario, this charming old brick walled restaurant and bar had fine food and great service.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Robertrmpls

“We wil be back.”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is the second time around,the first was for lunch that my wife did not really enjoy.This time we went for dinner.We both had the wild boar that was really nice.My wife does not usually eat a full meal so when I watched her clear her plate that said it all.I will say the bread needs to be changed,it really was the only poor spot.As for staff,we had three different waitresses making sure we were okay.That was service.Going back? YES.

1 Thank TwillieG
Kingston, Canada
“not the same!”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have been wining and dining at the Pig since it opened with Zal and Rose. We have been very disappointed the last couple of years with not only the food, but the service, but still come back to the patio every summer. They need a better house wine list and definitely a change in the menu.

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank elaine r
Ottawa, Canada
“Still offers good food in very pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We ate inside, because the patio was full. The old stone building is quite beautiful, and nicely furnished. I had scallops with a soy-butter sauce, accompanied by baby bok choy cooked al dente. My husband had pickerel. Portion sizes are good - not too large, although with a blue cheese paté appetizer, we were wishing we had chosen lighter fair to start. Service was very good.
If it was once, it is not an edgy restaurant experimenting with new dishes. But it is reasonably priced for what it is, and the atmosphere is very nice.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Naomi R
Ottawa, Canada
“We enjoyed ourselves”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Perhaps it was partly the fact that it was a glorious summer evening and we had a lovely table on the patio, but my friend and I really enjoyed our meals. Yes, the server sometimes forgot things or got bogged down at other tables, but she was so pleasant and accomodating, we didn't mind. As per previous less favourable reviews, the bread was fresh, delicious, and plentiful. I enjoyed the starter of grilled squid, though I did wish that it tasted less of the spicy seasoning and more of the grill. I had been lured into the restaurant by the scallops/soba noodles/baby bok choy on the regular menu and was not disappointed (though was a little full at that point from helping my friend with her frites. It was my first visit back in perhaps 15 years and I will go again.

• Visited June 2011