First Canada Inns
$126
$203
$140
$113
Motel 6 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
$162
$129
Hotels.com
All reviewsboiled eggsyogurtpool and hot tubking size bednice roomcoffee machinewould stay againminute drivemicrowavedowntowncouch
Reviewed March 11, 2013

When contemplating a stopover off the 401, I had thought of this property because of their indoor pool and whirlpool. First off, the on-line link for their reservations was down...then the main page stated rates were offered at $69...when I walk in late in the evening, I am told the $69 rate is a "hospital" rate -- so I offer up my hospital card -- and get told "not for THAT hospital", and the rate he wants is $85. The parking lot was half empty on a Sunday night in March...for a $16 differential, he lets me walk and leaves the room empty. I went down the street to the Days Inn which DID have a $71 rate without any argument. When you're an independent trying to get noticed apart from the chains, nothing like letting a walk-in customer walk over to the chain.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank TravelWorldRadio
HotelManager44, Manager at First Canada Inns, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you very much for posting your concerns. I am sorry you could not reach our reservations page, this issue has been corrected, we are in fact in the process of updating to a new state of the art website. Unfortunately this matter was not handled in a way we usually do business at our establishment. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss your problems. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Hopefully we can welcome you back at another time. Please contact me so that we can plan your next visit to First Canada Inns Kingston.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having stayed in many hotels on business prior to retiring, I have to say that this was one of the biggest disappointments to date. No soap, hair dryers or ironing boards. The beds literally swayed back and forth just sitting on them. Looking underneath, we discovered that there were no bed frames and they were held up by pieces of plywood stood on end. Bedspreads and throw pillows old and dirty. Keys with the room number on them ??? Breakfast was below average. Butter, peanut butter and jam were in large shared bowls. Crumbs from previous users in all of them. Staff was as friendly and helpful as they could be. The old adage. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank JohnSusan_8

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have also addressed the cleanliness issues you have described, and assure you and any future guest of our property there is nothing to worry about. I hope you come back again soon as we are in the process of receiving new card swipe locks. Unlike other hotels our amenities such as hair dryers, irons and ironing boards are available for no charge at the Front Desk as opposed to in the rooms. As for soap, that is standard in our rooms and I’m sorry that it was not present in yours. I am truly sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us, but I will be sure to pass along the kind words you had for our staff. Hopefully we can welcome you back at another time and wish you the very best.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This motel was good value for the money,,,We wen't on family day with my son,, He had a great time,, motel is a little old but o.k.... toilet didn't flush..but not the end of the world,, pool was the best feature.. breakfast was good.. The only thing to complain about was the walls were to thin,,, so we could hear the dogs barking..and the other kids havin fun with there parents,, thank god no one was doing the nasty...... All in all i would go back for a quick over nighter,,but not for romance

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kimmyrockon9910

Hello, Thank you for posting your comments. They are very important to us to ensure we are delivering great quality and great value.

I hope that your time spent in Kingston was a delight and we are very pleased to have you as our guest.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel needs some improvments. Although minor, it has been years since I used an actual key, no swipe cards here. Room was clean, however linens were stained (pillow cases, sheets and bed spreads). Carpets were dirty, but that is a difficult one to control when you have rooms on the first floor that open up right into the parking area. Bathroom was clean but basic with bath towels, face cloths and hand towels. No blow dryer and no ironing board/iron in room (but front desk will supply a small board and iron if needed). Front desk staff were great! Breakfast, served on a pool table but did the trick. Coffee not so good, fortunately the Starbucks is right there. We did not use the pool but the kids seemed to be enjoying it while were were there. I feel this hotel was over priced for what it offered (or didn't offer).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank homeinmontreal

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We hope you come back again soon as we are in the process of receiving new swipe card locks; we have also addressed the cleanliness issues you have described, and assure you and any future guest of our property there is nothing to worry about. We even have a new state or the art carpet cleaner that we have been using regularly. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me (Taylor). We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very clean , all works fine . Plazma tv with a lot of channels . breakfast was just ok . heater work fine . at 5 minutes of downtown in car . a lot of stores no far. bed was comfortable . it was quiet .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the positive review. Your comments are truly appreciated and I will share them with our entire team as each one of them works very hard to ensure all of our guests leave delighted.

I hope that you will consider us again when you are planning future visits.

Best regards;