“Disappointing to say the least.”

Saigon Delights Gardiners Road
Ranked #282 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingston, Canada
“Disappointing to say the least.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Unfortunately, the chicken was grizzly, the cost was high for the portion size and after my daughter and I ate there, we both were unwell. And, as the decor, I have to disagree with a previous reviewer. Decor is an element when dining IN a restaurant but not for take-out. The staff was pleasant enough.

• Visited November 2013

“Food was delicious”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My family and i have visited the Gardiners Road Saigon Delights on many occasions. The food was always hot, and delicious. The shrimp rice paper spring rolls are one of my favourites. We always leave feeling full and as far as the decor...we came for the food, not what colour the walls are. We have been to some restaurants that were beautiful but the food was not. I would rather have good tasting food than a fancy place to eat bad food in. The Gardiners Saigon Delights is often very busy and everyone seems to be having a good time and enjoying their food. We will continue to go to this restaurant to meet and talk and enjoy good food.

• Visited April 2014
Kingston, Canada
“Vietnamese cuisine in Tuscan decor”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Saigon Delights is a well known Kingston restaurant with a good reputation, unfortunately they are dropping the ball somewhere when it comes to this new location. I know that Asian restaurants in general often do little to change the decor when they open in a previous restaurant (as seen by a Chinese Restaurant in Kingston with Greek Decor) however, Fazoolio's Italian Restaurant which occupied this space previously had a wonderful Tuscan decor which has had no changes made other than changing to Vietnamese cuisine.

After low marks for decor, I`m afraid they don`t add any for food. We have ordered twice really trying to give them the benefit and having now ordered 5 different dishes, everything has been poor to fair at best. As big fans of the downtown location, we were really hoping for better since this location is less than a 5 minute drive from our house, sadly this is not the original Saigon Delights. At some point I may give them one more chance, maybe this summer sometime if they are still around. I will offer my review at that time if there is any change, however until then I would give it a pass.

• Visited January 2014