“Amazing B+B, Tasty Food”
Review of Frontenac Club Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston
Frontenac Club Inn
Ranked #1 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent B+B. Enjoy that it is more a mixture of a hotel and B and B. It's quaint and the rooms are great, the food is delicious and home cooked, however you don't feel like you're staying in someones house. The rooms are great, and excellent value for what they're priced at.

I have stayed here on 3 occasions for 3 different years and every time have been delighted.

Great proximity to Queen's and the downtown.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would recommend certain rooms, but want them for myself when I come haha. Gardini and Stone room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank supastan416
There are newer reviews for Frontenac Club Inn

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband stayed at the Inn for two nights in late December. The Inn's location in Kingston is *perfect*. It is a slow 5-minute walk to both the downtown (restaurants and shops) and Lake Ontario. The Frontenac is a beautifully restored and well-maintained historic building. The enormous first floor "living room" has many different comfortable sitting areas, a large selection of books and magazines, a small room where guests can make their own tea, hot chocolate, or popcorn. Our room (the "Bell") was on the 2nd floor (there are 3 floors); it was a large, clean, comfortable, and quiet room with huge windows and 12' ceilings. The room was furnished in lovely antiques, and there were two comfortable, large leather chairs and ottoman in front of the gas fireplace. The breakfasts keep one sated for the entire morning and early afternoon: they're individually and freshly prepared, but beware if you're on a diet (hard to resist)!

We're planning to stay at the Inn again this summer, and this time we will try a room on the 3rd floor.

One small disappointment with our room (perhaps not other rooms): we couldn't use the soaker tub: a thick film (to protect against slipping) has been glued to the bottom and made it uncomfortable).

One suggestion for the Inn keepers: There are no coffee makers in the room, but tea is available all day (and night) in the lounge downstairs; it would be nice to add a coffee pot to the lounge for those "early risers" wanting coffee before breakfast is available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusanGH
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I returned today from an impromptu getaway to Kingston and had the pleasure of staying at the Frontenac Club Inn. The location was excellent, within walking distance to the downtown core (3 mins) and the waterfront (2 mins).

On arrival, we were met by one of owners (Beare) and given a background on the property and were everything was within the inn. It was quick, but efficient.

The room was as in the pictures posted on their website, and to be honest, the pictures on the website did not do the room enough justice. We stayed in the Gardini suite. The room was a perfect balance of old meeting modern. I have to give credit to the person(s) responsible for the decorating, it was a unique balance. One issue I did have was the bedding. Given the attention to detail around the inn and our room, the sheets and comforter seemed to be standard issue, the type you would find in a hotel chain room. This was not a serious issue for my wife and I, but it would have been nice to have a down duvet, or a more "homely" comforter.

The breakfast was delicious, and the host was nice and adjusted a few menu items to satisfy my picky palate.

Overall, one of the nicest places I have stayed in Canada (and I am a frequent traveler for business and pleasure).

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank murdy1
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My hosts at Queen's University arranged for me to stay at the Frontenac Club Inn. I found it not only convenient to campus but clean, charming and comfortable, with a tasty breakfast and attentive staff. Anybody drawn to historic properties cannot help but be delighted to stay here. My regret is that because I was travelling alone and for purposes of work, I was unable to savor as much as I would have wished the beauty and good taste of this restoration of buildings that have been around for almost two centuries. An inn like this is a civic treasure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank smallisbeautiful
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the inn for two days while visiting Kingston. The location was great, the staff were friendly and the room we had was very comfortable, cozy and clean. The breakfast that was included was delicious and I would go back again just for the breakfast, fantastic, best waffle ever. The inn has a nice lounge sitting area to read the newspaper, or a selection of books that you can read from their library, board games such as chess and checkers are available as well as dominos, complimentary microwavable popcorn, tea, hot chocolate and clementines. Jazz music was playing from the CBC jazz station in the breakfast area as well as the lounge area. Overall this place is fantastic. The only draw back is the vehicular traffic noise from the street below at night, but that was a minor detail considering the comfortable king sized bed, large HDTV, gas fireplace and two comfortable leather arm chairs all in our room. The inn is a very old building with lots of character and nice updates. Excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #8, the Fleming room, which was on the third floor, corner room (Top floor) Nice l...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I have visited the Frontenac Club Inn for several years now and other weekend stay has convinced us that it's the best place to stay in Kingston. Beare and Susan are attentive hosts with an excellent knowledge of the city and the surrounding area. Our room, the Gardenini Suite, was clean, attractively furnished and very well kept. Book a room and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ACanadianguy
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I would drive 5 hours to Kingston just to go back to Frontenac. We stayed at Frontenac in 2008 for a weekend with another couple while we were in town for a Queen's Convocation. The rooms were large, tastefully decorated and very clean. The decor exceeded our expectations. Each room is unique. Ours had a large sitting area with a fireplace, a bedroom and private washroom.
We enjoyed visiting with a bottle of our own wine in the common library, which is also very tastefully decorated, with several seating areas.
Breakfast was also a highlight. I don't remember exactly what we had but the pomegranates on my oatmeal left a lasting impression. There were several great options and the guys were well fed!
I have recommended this place to many friends (I see one has already left a rating here) and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple