“Beautiful historic old building to spend the night at”
Review of Frontenac Club Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston
Frontenac Club Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2007

My girlfriend and I spent a romantic evening at the Frontenac Club Inn over Thanksgiving. The building itself has some wonderful history as an old bank (including authentic walk-in safe), and is elegantly decorated with a comfortable common area and large patio in back. Our room was one of the smaller ones, but had all the amenities including fireplace, Internet access and full bathroom. The photos on their website did not do it justice.
The Inn's hostess was friendly and helpful in recommending dinner downtown, just a block away. Kingston itself has a lot of interesting Canadian history and sites to see, plus is close to Prince Edward County where we finished off our trip with a short wine tour.
Highly recommended, will be back in the future to try another room.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guelphtrips

Reviewed August 29, 2007

We have stayed at Frontenac Club Inn at least three times since they opened. Our experiences are always positive. We rave about this place to everyone we know.

Centrally located, the Frontenac Club Inn is a great romantic destination, with marvelous owners, beautiful building/common areas, and remarkably comfortable rooms. We've chosen different rooms/suites each time, and they've all been spectacular.

Breakfast (included in your stay) is fantastic, with many little touches to make it gourmet. And we've asked for and received herbal teas at night, without any hesitation or charges to our final bill.

Any issues we've ever had - things caused by ourselves or just run of the mill hotel stuff - have been resolved quickly and politely.

Unfortunately, now that people know about how great the inn is, we can never get a room! Glad they've expanded recently, but I'll have to try booking earlier and earlier from now on.

Susan and Beare, the owners, have done so well to make this inn a great place. The other hotels in Kingston could learn from their success.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McMarshal
Reviewed July 26, 2007

WOW!! This place is absolutely beautiful. From the moment you walk into the lobby you know you're staying somewhere special. The decor is tasteful and very in keeping with the building. We stayed in the Stone Room and it was amazing. The size of the room is very big and the bed was so comfortable. However, the best thing about this room was the size of the walk in shower - I've stayed in places where the bathroom is the size of this shower. It was the best shower I've have in my life! I had wanted the garden room but it was already booked - it sounded even better than our room. Another huge plus was the breakfast, it was YUMMY. I've never had a 3 course breakfast before and each bit was delicious.
It is in a great spot in Kingston and in walking distance to all the great restaurants and bars. I'd definitely recommend the Toucan - it had a live band on a monday night and was very busy. I would recommend that if you stay in Kingston that you take a day trip to Wolfe Island which is a free ferry ride. It is a great place to cycle, swim in the lake or canoe.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellaweeze
Reviewed June 15, 2007

We arrived in Kingston with nowhere to stay and not wanting to check in to a dull faceless corporate hotel, we stumbled upon this little oasis. Being budget travellers were unsure if we could afford to stay in such a spectacular building but from speaking to the wonderful owners not only did we get a free upgrade to a suite you could not have asked for a more incredible place to stay.

The owners were the nicest people, having spent a lot of time and effort building the old bank/ working men's club in to it's former glory. The rooms are like being back in time, but obviously with all modern luxuries!

You really HAVE to stay here if you go to Kingston, great location, great rooms, great owners and a fab breakfast the next day. It really couldn't be more perfect!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bbcreations
Reviewed March 21, 2007

My husband and I have stayed in a lot of B&B's and inns, and this is as good as it gets. We are both Queen's graduates so we know Kingston well and visit often. I can't tell you what a great addition to K-Town the Frontenac Club Inn is. First, the rooms are absolutely gorgeous. My favorite is the Garden Room on the first floor - the bath tub is heaven and the decor is just amazing. Second, the service is wonderful. Susan and Bear are a delight. Susan is gregarious, Bear quite reserved, but both are very kind and will do everything they can to ensure a good stay. I once stayed at the inn for business and was famished during an afternoon meeting - they whipped me up a snack of fresh homemade bread, jam, and fruit like I was their daughter! Third, the breakfast is amazing. We had cranberry waffles last time that were to die for. And chatting with Susan while she fills our coffee cups is always so fun - she remembers me every time. Love this place - you will too!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank enroute123
Reviewed January 6, 2007

One of the pleasures of haphazard travelling is picking a place on the Internet, booking it and seeing how it pans out.

Generally you'll be booking somewhere close to where you ought to be at that stage of the holiday. And generally, you won't have visited it before.

The Frontenac Club is just such a pleasant surprise. Of course, if you sneak a look at the website, you will already be reasonablty aware that it is not a shack.

However, getting there and seeing it for real is even better. The whole sense of solidity and, I suppose "European-ness" that you'd expect from a Bank is there in spades.

The hosts were very friendly, and gave us a quick tour of the place, of which they are rightly proud. They still have the Safes...

The Frontenac is in two parts - the main building, and an annexe right bext door.

Having selected, and booked a room in the main place, owing to operational exigencies, when we turned up, we found that we had rather high-handedly been relocated into the annexe.

Into a suite in the annexe, no less... This is the kind of thing I am willing to tolerate only...er...on every day for the rest of my life... What an absolute treat. I would recommend this place to anyone anyway, but that extra touch really topped it off.

The decor is very low-key. Sort of minimalist Victorian, and all the better for it.

The surroundings are quite odd, if you've been travelling in America beforehand. The location, down by the river is like a French or German town, and fairly genteel.

If you want a more Mad Max kind of ambience, you can go North, of course...

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
8  Thank LeftHandDownABit
Reviewed August 6, 2006

When we are trying a new place for accomodation I often check online reviews before I go. Since I find them very helpful I wanted to write one so that others know how much we loved this Inn. We travel to Kingston a few times a year as we have children that attend Queen's University and have since stayed in Kingston for the summer. In the past we have stayed at hotels and wanted to try something different. We stayed in the Sandburg Suite - what an absolute treat! Spacious, bright, clean, comfortable and worth every cent. The suite as well as the Chapman room provided us with ample, comfortable space to visit with our children. They also joined us for the breakfast at a small charge, this was always a wonderful start to our day. The coffee and juices were delicious, fresh and constantly being refilled. The cranberry stuffed french toast was a special treat. Having Susan and Beare stop by our table for a morning chat was fun, informative and friendly.. The location could not be better, we parked our car in the back of the Inn (included in the price, hotels often charge extra for this) and walked everywhere on our beautiful weekend in Kingston. I would highly recommend this Inn and hope to be returning again soon.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple