“Someone must have provided the wrong definition of "Quality Restaurant Service" to this Jack Astor's Staff.”
Review of Jack Astor's

Jack Astor's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 454 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To start off, the service was slow and inattentive. When we walked in, the host was on the phone having a conversation in hushed tones for a minute or so while we were waiting for her to acknowledge our existence, which ended with a very personal note of "I have to go babe.". When she eventually asked us where we would like to be seated, it then took several minutes for her to be able to contact someone to check if there was seating in a certain section of the restaurant. After waiting, we were asked to head upstairs to be seated, where we then waited for another 5 minutes, until eventually a server (which was not one out of the 5 people whom where chatting to one another behind the seating podium) came up to us asking what we were waiting for. We explained and after that we were then seated by one of the members of the chatting cackle. Our drinks took 15min to arrive, the food took about 30min to 40min after the drinks had arrived, and we patiently waited for the bill for 20min until finally going up to investigate what had happened. The server that we had was new, friendly, and trying his best it seemed and was just overwhelmed it seemed by the lack of work any of the other more senior employees were doing. We were unable to find him for a certain amount of time but it seems there should be protocols in place when one server gets busy, instead of having the other ones just stand around at the host table chatting, which is how we found another group of servers when we went to check on the status of our bill. As soon as I requested to speak to someone in charge, all the servers seemed to scatter or had become attentive to the situation at had asking what was needed and what they could do to help. The bill go to us within a minute and we paid. The manager caught us on our way out but was also unapologetic, saying he couldn't help because we had already paid the bill. He also did not care to listen to the concerns about slow and inattentive service, as his responses were either "I know" or simply just a shrug . I guess it didn't matter to them that they were losing customers. Just to show that I do no when to give a compliment, I want to add that the food exceeded expectations for bar food and both of us in our party enjoyed what we had ordered. This is why I am rating the restaurant two stars, instead of just one and definitely recommend the Chicken & Feta sandwich if you are still set on going here after reading the run up to this conclusion.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family has enjoyed our lunches on the rooftop this month. It's the perfect place to spend an hour lunch or dinner. Gorgeous view, delicious food and really great service. We'll certainly be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a table for 8 people for 6pm in advance and confirmed the day of arrival. We explained that we had a show at 8pm, so we would need fairly quick service. They suggested sitting in the bar area to ensure that. We all ordered one drink and then after another few minutes ordered our meals. The kitchen was out of so many things, this was even a struggle. We did not get our food after over 75 minutes. There were many excuses, but no food and no chance to order a second drink even in all that time. We’re not sure who was at fault, but it was awful. I will never go back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If it's a nice day, head over. Great view of City Hall and it's square. The table took 45 minutes to get so I suggest getting on the waiting list before you are starving! Popular patio when the weather is great. Our server, Ikram I believe her name was, was awesome and knowledgeable about the food and things to do while in town. Good experience over all . I say average only because it's your typical chain food from Jack's.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

We got there late after visiting Fort Henry (around 11 pm) and we got a table in the middle of a hallway between the bar and the kitchen so people were bumping into us very often. The food and service were ok but not up to the brand and name they represent.

Been to Jack Astor's? Share your experiences!