“Friendly place”
Review of Jack Astor's

Jack Astor's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 438 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Www.facebook.jackskingston.com
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We went there for a couples of beers and nachos...the place is clean we sat inside near the window opening. Service was good as well as the food and drinks. It was our second time in Kingston but our first time here at Jack Astor's. We liked it!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We drove into Kingston on our Montreal to Toronto drive for supper.
Found Jack Astor's.
Great rooftop seating.
Just what we wanted.
Ok we had burger and fries.
They were good.
If you're looking for a great place to sit outside this is it!
Service is good!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Jack Astors was a great spot for our family dinner. This wouldn't be our first choice if we didn't have kids, but was perfect for our family. Wait staff was just awesome, friendly and helpful. We ate on the rooftop patio which had an amazing view of the city. Food was good - my daughter had sirloin steak with fries which she really enjoyed. Son had the pizza. My husband and I shared a burger and lettuce wraps which were both very good. They split the burger and fries for us on two plates which was really nice. Pretty extensive menu. Great for a family.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had some visitors from the US stay with us this weekend. Never having been to Kingston, or Canada for that matter, we took them to the downtown area on Saturday. While we had never been to the new Jack Astors ourselves, we had heard great things about it so we decided to go up to the patio for a drink. That drink turned into lunch and about two hours of socializing.

What a fun spot. The staff are all very friendly and the views are amazing. We mostly had apps. The food was all good. Our friends tried their first poutine and loved it. The bruschetta was probably the best I have ever had. Everything tasted fresh and was priced well. If you get a chance, try the Naughty Otter local beer from Gananoque. Jack Astor is a proud supplier of it.

A must visit place for both Kingstonians and of course, all those great tourists coming to town.

2  Thank Bobbert63
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife, our son, and his girlfriend ate at Jack Astors in Kingston, Ontario recently. We arrived and were politely seated near the bar. We had a great vantage point of the massive TV which had a variety of sports playing on it, including World Cup in Barzil.

Most people went up to the roof top, but we had already spent all day in the sun. There were not many patrons around where we were.

We ordered drinks and they came promptly. We then ordered our food. They ordered complete entrees but I just ordered the soup of the day and the appetizer salad. I asked that they be brought at the same time as the other meals. Not a problem she said. My wife then also ordered the soup and the waitress asked if she too would like it with her meal. My wife said yes.

Not long after, a kitchen jockey brought out our soups. My wife kept hers, but I again asked if it could come out with my small salad since that was all that I was having. The young fellow left with my soup. A few minutes went by and as our waitress was passing our table she asked if my soup had not been brought out yet. I reminded her that I had asked that it be brought out with my salad. I didn't see it but my wife said that as she walked away she shook her head back and forth. Now I like to think that the waitress was thinking "oh, how could I forget", but it's more likely that she was thinking "I hate fussy customers".

My wife finished her soup (which was the tomato bisque and she said was really good) and then the meals came. BUT NOT MY SOUP! I'm thinking that their attitude was "now you'll get your soup when we're good and ready". Just after the food was bought to our table the waitress stopped by. Realizing that we hadn't tried it yet, she asked us how it looked. Of course it LOOKED fine. lol. When my soup finally came a couple of minutes later, it was cold. (I do have to say that it was the best cold soup that I ever had.) Other than asking us how it looked, the waitress never came back to see how we were doing until we were done.

I wasn't in the mood to tell a waitress that I wasn't impressed or how to do her job so I wasn't going to say anything but my wife told her that everything was fine but my soup was cold. The waitress apologized for that and ended up not charging us for that soup... leaving me a little confused. Poor service or poor service with a hint of remorse?

2  Thank John H