“Fantastic people, great food”
Review of Mlt Dwn

Mlt Dwn
Ranked #119 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Cazenovia, New York
“Fantastic people, great food”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in with the family on a rainy Friday between games at a youth hockey tournament. Meal was fantastic and by the end of it we felt like regulars. Caring staff/owners made pleasant small talk, suggested menu items and genuinely made us all feel at home. BBQ sandwich and all French fry combinations were pleasing. Might be pricy for lunch if you're from the US but well worth it.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Mike D

Toronto, Canada
“Not a bad sammich”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I dig the decor. Modern. The food was ok. But, I prefer a grilled cheese sammich not pancake-flattened. So, while I dig the decor and the options (BACON) for the sammich, I really dislike how the GC was made, if we go again I'll ask if they won't use the presses to make the sandwich and opt for the flat-top grill instead. IMHO, a GC's bread should stand, nut be squished like a pita.
The two guys working the counter were friendly and did help when choosing options and the fries were really good. About $20 for two people

Visited March 2013
2 Thank NickcaNick
Syracuse, New York
“Much more than just an ordinary grilled cheese!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I decided to try this place out while shopping in Kingston. So glad I did!! I ordered the herb chicken sandwich and fries. Boy, was it delicious! It was a much larger sandwich than I was expecting and I could taste the quality of the ingredients. The prices are very reasonable for such a great meal. Not only was my meal scrumptious, but MLT DWN also has a great ambiance. The restaurant was remarkably clean and the staff was very friendly. The menu has many options, something that would appeal to just about anyone, but they also offer the option of designing your own sandwich. I'm looking forward to visiting MLT DWN again to try one of the dessert sandwiches!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank kathdelanez
Ottawa, Canada
“Yum”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I absolutely love MLT DWN and i highly recommend it to anyone. They make great comfort food and you can tell they put a lot of love into their cooking. My favourite meal is the brisket grilled cheese, waffle fries and home made spicy ketchup and i always get the raspberry cheesecake dessert, its amazing. I tell everyone about MLT DWN and it has now become a mandatory stop for any of my friends passing through kingston on their travels. Great food, great service and great people.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank melinda c
Kingston, Canada
“Falls short”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's a nice idea in a tourist and university setting - grilled cheese comfort food. But what a let down. Any sandwich place that makes a meal with white bread from a grocery shelf ie Wonder bread, is not taking the customer seriously.
Making a sandwich called "Mac & cheese" and adding cold Kraft Dinner as the "Mac" is disgusting. It was expensive for what what served and what was used as raw materials for the meal. I may have had the worst sandwich choice but it is promoted as one of the most popular so ....
Take kids if white bread and KD are already part of their diet, otherwise avoid this place.

• Visited May 2013