“Good find”

Pat's Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 499 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On our way to Ottawa, with a bit of extra time, we checked out Pat's.
This Thai/Vietnamese restaurant is typically appointed, tidy (not typical), with a good size menu.
We were greeted quickly and warmly ( it was 4:00pm), and seated by a window.
Water filled, order filled efficiently.
There are good vegan offerings.
I ordered spring rolls and pad Thai.
Spouse, the meat version of the same.
I must say the veg spring rolls, 3, were large, made in house, and may be the best I've ever had.
Spouse enjoyed her very meaty ones.
Pad Thai hot, quite good.
Tofu nicely done, plenty.
I enjoyed the sauce, which was different, but there was far too much of it.
I don't like my plate swimming!
Lots of meats in spouse's selection.
The soups are highly rated, but extremely expensive ($14!), and no vegan options.
Will likely return.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (90)

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

This was our second time at Pats and again the food was delicious and consistent. We had visited last year and my husband could not stop thinking about the soup with coconut milk in it which he ordered again.
Friendly and well priced.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Awesome, cheap Thai food!!!! The pad Thai is really good. Great for late night
eats or going out with friends! Friendly service. Would recommend.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2019

Their Tom Yum soup is beyond delicious! I had never had anything like it! A creamy, hot, foamy explosion of flavours!

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Eatcookwrite
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

Love, love, love this restaurant! They make the best pad Thai I’ve ever eaten and the portions are tremendous! Great service food and prices. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: November 2018