“most authentic in kingston”
Review of Pat's Restaurant

Pat's Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai
Kingston, Canada
“most authentic in kingston”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

friendly, tasty and good value for money! We order every week! Try the light green curry special, it's great!

• Visited January 2013

Ontario, Canada
“"Call back in an hour or more"....Huh???”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We called Pat's on New Year's Eve to place an order for pick up...or at least we tried to. When I asked to place an order for pick up, I was told in a very agitated angry tone "We're too busy right now. Maybe try calling back in an hour or more"......Wth?? Are you seriously that busy or more importantly,do you not care what kind of impression you make on potential customers?? Needless to say, we didn't call back and instead ordered from VIP which turned out to be excellent. Seriousl not impressed.

• Visited December 2012
Mid-state NY
“Food was fine, the wait wasn't...”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We arrived on a Friday evening at 5:30PM, and ordered immediately, particularly after being told by a waiter that the wait for food coming out of the kitchen could be at least an hour, maybe more. The take-out orders and in-restaurant orders are all simply put in a queue. The people in the restaurant receive no preference, which I thought was odd.

My friend ordered #5, a stir-fried chicken, I ordered #13, the Kako Khmer. The waiter more or less tried to talk me out of that, but I ordered it anyway. We had Cambodian spring rolls to start, and they came immediately. They were meat centric, and nothing more than OK. When the meal finally came, we both thought the dishes were fine. Beyond that, no. The word I kept thinking of was "slop" while I was eating. In both cases the vegetables and chicken were swimming in an overpowering "gravy," for want of a better word, disappearing beneath its waves. There was plenty of it, and plenty of rice. With tea the bill came to $27.

In the end, the delays at the restaurant made us late for our movie, and we had horrible seats, which destroyed the movie experience.

This was our first visit. We will go back based on value, but will try other things on the menu. If everything comes in a sea of gravy, I won't be frequenting this place. I prefer more distinctive flavors. I want to savor the taste of both the meat and the vegetables, rather than having them all drenched in something.

My friend and I also thought we would recommend this as a take-out restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank adirondax
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great find in Kingston”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I travel from Ottawa to Toronto every so often and my daughter who I was bringing back home for a visit introduced me to this place. It's a great little resto with tasty Asian food dishes, fast service and great value meals. For the slightly longer drive down Division from the 401 it is far better than any of the fast food places you'll pass on your way here.

When In kingston make this a must for a quick and tasty meal.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank OestreichA
Kingston Ontario
“Always a Treat”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pat knows how to do it. After opening a half dozen Thai-Cambodian-Vietnamese restaurants in Kingston, he has settled in with this off-the-beaten-track eatery featuring a menu that has served him well over the years. Faves like Pad Thai are marvelous and I love that it looks good even in a styrofoam box to take out- garnished and steaming. Hours are a little off-putting- I always seem to arrive during the hour that he closes in the middle of the afternoon. However there is no mistaking that Pat is the master of this genre even if his place could use a fresh coat of paint.

• Visited September 2012