“Fabulous food!”
Review of Days on Front

Days on Front
Reserve with OpenTable
Days on Front is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Fantastic restaurant with great service and food. It is in a very odd place in Kingston, but so worth the drive! There were 4 adults in our party and we all had great meals. I would highly recommend the scallops!! The steak frites were not the best I have ever had, as traditionally the frites are supposed to be shoe-string fries and these were much larger, but still tasty. It is definitely an elderly crowd which is too bad because it could be a great trendy restaurant for all, maybe again this is due to the location.We brought our children, they have booster seats and high chairs yet they do not have a children's menu, although they did try to be accommodating. I would not recommend this restaurant for anyone under 10. All in all, not a family restaurant, but could be a great date place, and for Kingston the food was very good! I would go back again, just not with the kids:)

There are newer reviews for Days on Front

Reviewed June 27, 2014

There was a problem with internet but rather than give us the option of paying with cash, waitress avoided us. It's too bad because we had a great meal and service good but then we ( my husband) became very impatient and I , not so much , attempted to placate but to no avail. Result : we are not going back anytime soon, at least as a couple!

DaysOnFront, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review Days On Front. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal and the service. I am sorry about the internet issue that occured that evening. There was a major Cogeco city wide outage that evening. That outage caused our debit/credit terminals and point of sale system to be unavailable. I can assure you that our staff were not avoiding you, just scrambling to try and hand write many bills. As Cogeco did not communicate to us about this outage we were unable to know what was wrong with the system or quickly handle the problem. It also occured during the peak time in the evening on the busiest night of the week. I really hope that you might reconsider dining at Days On Front again as I am confident that you will enjoy your experience as long as Cogeco doesn't decide to affect my business again.

Thanks,

Matt Day

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Despite being located in a strip mall and looking a bit inconspicuous, this restaurant was full early on a Tuesday night. Ans for good reason! The food, most of which seems to be grown or made locally was all delicious. The staff were all very professional and polite. They took so much care in every customer to make sure we were all satisfied. My one negative point was that I was served the wrong drink. But the wrong drink still tasted fine, so all was good. I'd highly reccomend checking this place out next time you need a fancy supper location. Probably not reccomended for children.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been going to Days on Front for quite some time now and fell in love with the Pork Belly Sandwich on the lunch menu. 3 visits ago, I noticed it was off the menu. Disappointment plus. I spoke with Matt who said people were mistaking it for Pulled Pork, so took it off the Pork Belly and replaced it with the Pulled Pork. He told me to let him know in advance when I was coming back and the chef would make a special order Pork Belly for me. Every time since, he has come through and my taste buds have been in heaven! Add the sweet potato fries and life is great! Thanks Matt for going the extra mile for me!

1  Thank jazzypatches
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter and I spent an evening in Kingston just prior to Mothers Day and decided to have dinner here.
As soon as we walked in the door, we were warmly greeted just like we'd been old friends.
We were immediately seated and the waitress (sorry I can't remember her name) told us of the specials and gave us time to decide what we wanted.
We ordered the scallops (absolutley amazing!!! ) and the beef tenderloin. Everything was cooked to perfection. Our waitress was so attentive and friendly.
It is so worth the drive to dine here!