“Because it is #1 in Kingston...”
Review of Days on Front

Days on Front
Reserve with OpenTable
Days on Front is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 449 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

…and we were passing through at dinner time we gave it a try. Just did one course - we had the braised short rib and the vegetarian polenta - both superb. Liked the atmosphere, wine and price. Will definitely return.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Soup and salad can't be beat; good choices - food and service here are great! Creative and delicious, but the butternut squash soup - rich and fragrant, is the best ever. Will have to go back for more of that!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was our 8-9th time eating at Days on Front and we seem to love it more with each visit. Both lunch and dinner menus are delicious and unique. I love knowing I can order anything on the menu and will not be disappointed. The beef shortrib is nothing short of amazing. A must try or repeat upon your return trip. The beet salad is often my favorite. The scallops are heavenly, honestly the best I have ever tasted. The butternut squash soup is a true treat. The wine list is awesome with 40 bottles all ranging in price but each under $40. Love that local meats, dairy, produce, etc are used as well. The staff are friendly and knowlegeable about the menus and seem to genuinly love working there. Whether we go on our own or with a group, just love Days on Front!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Last weekend my wife and I met up with my daughter for a Christmas lunch in Kingston. I had searched out DOF on trip advisor and was impressed with the reviews. So we thought we would give it a go.

First of all it is a bit out of the way, not in your typical center town tourist area which was a bit of a surprise but again the reviews were too good to pass up.
Secondly, this is a simple restaurant, I was hoping for something a little more “comfy” with a Christmas feel but maybe it was a bit early for Christmas. The décor is simple and clean. But I was sort of caught off guard by the simplicity so be prepared.

The staff was courteous and friendly, the food was prepared as instructed and served up quick, and plentiful. My Steak and Fries were great, good home made fries are a welcome bonus! My wife had the Halibut and my daughter had the Crispy Polenta (V) which even I sampled and found tasty!
We were not rushed as they saw this was a family Christmas gathering but as the restaurant is popular, reservations would be advised.
A good selection of mainstream and local craft beers are available and the wine racks looked like they had a good selection (although we did not browse thru them). I had the local (Prince Edward County) Waupoos Cider.... a very good cider!!
Definitely give this place a try… it is worth the little drive out of the way.

1  Thank 37EJM
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I took foodie friends from Toronto Days on Front, my favourite restaurant in Kingston. We had dinner there and they loved it. Our biggest problem was deciding what to order because there were so many things we wanted to try! The mac and cheese (with cauliflower and gouda) was delicious (but split it, because it's a rich starter), as were the warm salad and the beet salad. All of our mains were wonderful (especially the short ribs) and then we split the 4-chocolate cheesecake which was yummy as well. They have a nice set of specialty cocktails - we particularly liked the rosemary collins (like a rosemary-infused gin and tonic). They have a nice wine list, and what we especially appreciated is that there are good but inexpensive wine choices. The service was first rate throughout the evening; for example, we always had a bottle of cold water on the table. The restaurant is in a strip mall but the inside decor is cosy and inviting, and the advantage of this location is that there is plenty of parking just outside the door. Because it's outside the downtown core, you need a car to get to it, but it is definitely worth the drive.

1  Thank BeckyToronto_12