“Love this place...never fails”
Review of Days on Front

Days on Front
Reserve with OpenTable
Days on Front is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 438 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We discover this gem about a year ago when browsing TripAdvisor reviews on other restaurants in our area. We were looking for somewhere new and this new restaurant popped up with some very nice reviews. While not in downtown Kingston, it doesn't take long via car or taxi to get there. I can not begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed our several meals at Matt's place & I have always meant to write my own review. We most recently visited last Thursday (Aug 15th) and, as usual, everything was superb from the wine (always afforable) to the beef tenderloin (for hubby) and the pork tenderloin (for myself). A drink for each of us before dinner, a bottle of not-so-shabby wine and our main courses came to $106 including taxes & excluding tip. Matt makes it his mission in life to greet and/or chat with every customer and that earns him kudos in my book. Not many places provide that kind of personal attention to detail anymore. Overall, excellent decor, atmosphee, food & prices.

1  Thank MommaB60

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Was passing through Kingston for the night and visited this restaurant. I didnt expect this would be such an amazing restaurant in the quiet complex its located in. Immediately upon entry we were greeted by the host who accommadated us without having reservations. It was a full house and he made a spot for us in a nice quiet area. I ordered the short ribs n it was much more then i imagined. Biggest portion of short ribs ive ever received at a restaurant, with rich and delicious flavours. All staff were very nice and paired wines with our food, all of our questions about the menu were answered by our waitress. I would definately go back again. Great ambience and atmosphere for a nice evening out.

1  Thank Jon h
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family has dined here several times. Ingredients are typically sourced locally and are used to create menu options that taste great. The service, including friendly proprietor Matt Day, is personal and welcoming. The shrimp in tempura appetizer is by far the best tasting shrimp I have ever had.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Incredible experience from the phone call from the owner @ 8:30 am the morning after we left a voice mail requesting reservations (@10:30 PM).... to the friendly courteous service, to the fantastic dinner and desert and surprisingly reasonable check at the end of the night.... We can't say enough good things about Mathew Day and his staff....

Reviewed July 16, 2013

A good friend suggested lunch here. A pedigree with Clarke's on the Bay and Clarke's on King how could it go wrong. Our food did not dissapoint...the asparagus soup was a tasty starter followed by the macaroni and cauliflower which was delicious. My friend really enjoyed the scallops. The chocolate cake was OK...but when you are going to splurge and order dessert...I was expecting more flavour. Service was OK but not memorable.