“A Great Find”
Review of Days on Front

Days on Front
Reserve with OpenTable
Days on Front is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 450 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

You know you have found a special place when, halfway through your meal, you begin talking about the next time you would like to come back. Although a little off the beaten path, the attentive service, excellent food preparation/presentation and overall value make this a well worthwhile trip. The restaurant's website (www.daysonfront.com) is a great place to start.

DaysOnFront, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thanks for your terrific review. I really appreciate you taking the time to review the restaurant. It is great to hear that you were already planning your next visit.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I had lunch at Days on Front today for the first time. The food was delicious.
My perch and chips were terrific - light and crisp - the accompanying coleslaw was the highlight of the meal - I talked about it all afternoon. My wife had tempura shrimp which she enjoyed. Her beet salad was very good and the creme brulee which we shared was excellent.
Service was quick and friendly.
The only negative was that tables were quite close together and the room was a little noisy - I expect that is a result of how popular the restaurant is becoming. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank jmcdougall9

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. I am glad to hear that you will definitely be back. The secret ingredient in the coleslaw is fresh basil. Adds a really fresh flavour to the coleslaw. I guess it is no longer a secret either.

Thanks,

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I took my mother out for dinner at DoF on Saturday evening. We made a reservation based on recommendations from others, which I'm glad we did as it filled up quickly. I started the meal with a Victoria's Secret cocktail, so refreshing! We had the shrimp appetizer and duck egg rolls to start, and the complimentary rolls, all delicious! My mother and I had the Chicken entree, while my husband had the short ribs. The portions were excellent, plated beautifully, everything cooked to perfection! The chicken came with seared gnocchi, mushrooms, al dente beans, and a sauce that complimented all other elements very well. The waitress was extremely attentive, and Matt Day, the owner, came over to ask us how our meal was as well, lovely touch and great to know the owner is still hands on. The decor was beautiful, happy to have free parking for dinner, and the bar area (should you have to wait for your table) is condusive to great conversation with old friends and making new ones. Also, the price point was very appropriate for the excellent food we received, not overpriced as I find meals are downtown. We were all very happy with every aspect of our visit to DoF, and will definitely return in the future!

1  Thank Alicia C
DaysOnFront, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your amazing review. It truly means a lot to us that you noticed the things that everyone works so hard to achieve. We hope to see you again soon.

Matt

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I just had the pleasure of eating a late leisurely lunch at this newly established restaurant yesterday. Our meal began and ended with very attentive table service, an excellent wine selection recommended by our server, a scrumptuous scallop appetizer, fresh lightly battered perch and homemade chips with an incredible cole slaw. Then to top it off, my husband and I had the most delicious quadruple chocolate cheesecake and creme brulee we have ever had!

Matthew D, Owner at Days on Front, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your incredible review of Days On Front. I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience from start to finish. Hope to see you again for another late lunch.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have been several times and the food is excellent and consistent... So nice to have a fine dining choice in the West End. Typically need a reservation but the bar area is great and offers the full menu there - we've popped in and been seated there a few times!

Hi Janet,

Thanks for taking the time to review the restaurant. I really appreciate your business and hope to see you guys soon.

Thanks,