“Great chicken wings”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Great chicken wings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

It was my first time at mom's (I had a free sample coupon that I wanted to try out). The fried chicken was amazing. Honestly some of the best I've had, although I must admit I haven't had much. I then ordered the chicken wings with BBQ sauce to bring home with me. They were fantastic. I was very impressed. Although I must admit. The service was kind of awkward and not all that well organized. I think the manager is kind of awkward and he was training some new girl who could care less to be there. They liscenced their store to serve beer but I just don't really get it. It's like a take out place, that treats it kind of like a sit down restaurant. I think they would do better focusing on improving the speed of service and better training for the staff.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sarah D

Kingston, Canada
“Staff require Better Training”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Mixed reviews on this one. When the manager is in, the food quality and preparation as well as delivery is near perfect.
No manager present, quality drops severely. Several bones to be found in the hot chicken sandwiches, prep cooks unable to tell between white meat and dark meat, 2 pc chicken deal gets you 2 small wings, sometimes get charged full price for specials, cashier staff don't know the menu let alone specials, and poor attitude.
As far as them looking for more business like group orders or repeat customers, their hired staff don't appear to encourage this.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank KCPTECH
Kingston, Canada
“Best chicken in Kingston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Mom's chicken is great there chicken is jusiy the have nice appetizers the service is good my only councer is the mash potato is dry and the best part is the fried chicken is tender and the rotessitre chicken is jusiy.

• Visited November 2012
Kingston, Canada
“Best Fried Chicken in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Mom's chicken is the only place where you can get both fried chicken and rotisserie chicken so my family was excited to try. My daughter had the quarter chicken dinner and loved the seasoning. The chicken was very similar to Swiss Chalet but a bit cheaper. The fries were WAY better. I had the fried chicken and it was the juciest fried chicken I have ever had. The skin was crispy and delicious and the inside was so tender. So much better then KFC. Some of the reviews have been up and down. I think since it is very pretty new they are probably working out the kinks but the chicken was great both times we have had it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bluesfan9
Kingston
“Poor service, poor food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was excited to see a chicken place downtown and the first 2 visits were nice but then my excitement turned to disappointment and then frustration. Last 3 visits the food was very greasy and obviously sitting around for some time. And the last and I'm sure you will be able to tell my final visit, they messed my order up, so when I'm took the order and receipt to show the girl. She took it to the cook and then came back out and said no your order was right. I said look at my food, it's wrong . She went back again to cook, came back and said we have no more chicken, sorry!!!! I said excuse me, a chicken restraint that has no more chicken? She went back again to cook and then told me sorry, it will take at least 15 minutes to cook you more chicken. By this time my messed up order was cold ... So that was my final visit. Seems without her phone to text, she would have been very bored that day at work..

1 Thank Gatorr