“Nice Motel - Short Drive into the city”
Review of Seven Oakes Motel

Seven Oakes Motel
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed in that motel during our round trip through Ontario and Quebec.
It is not fancy but it is clean and has spacious rooms.
It is not directly in Kingston but that isn't much of an issue as there are parking lots available in the city and it is just a really short drive, there is also a Tim Hortons close by to get breakfast.

We would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Yes the room was ugly and the decor was outdated but who cares. I wasn't there to hang around in the room. The bed was comfortable the room was clean. There was also a really decent sized clean fridge. There is a fresco co. next door which is a bonus. Great clean swimming pool. Very close to downtown Kingston. The owners are lovely.

Room Tip: you need a car to get around from this motel. Downtown and historic area is about a 10 minute drive.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The property is well maintenance, the room was bright and clean and very quiet, the beds were big and comfortable. The staffs very friendly, we would stay there again next time when we go to Kingston to see our son

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is my home place to stay in Kingston. After a long day of driving( and Toronto traffic) coming here is so peaceful and restful, just what I need. The owners are wonderful people friendly, interested in my travels. They treat me like family always. I feel safe and cared for, important for a senior citizen.
I wouldn't stay any where else.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
4  Thank sfjfolks9
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I love Seven Oakes in Kingston, Ontario. I’ve stayed there three times in the past month, because this beautiful city is a great stopping-off point between my home in Michigan and family-related activities in Vermont. I’ve tried other places, but Seven Oakes is my personal favorite, for a number of reasons:
1. It’s a blast from the past. Independently owned places like Seven Oakes are becoming few and far between. I love being able to drive up to my door and unload my car; I sleep better knowing my car is just a few yards away.
2. I like the other people who are staying here. Last week there was a young family with charming children on one side of us, and a young couple who bravely used the swimming pool (in 60-degree temperatures) on the other. Two doors down an extended French Canadian family sat on the sidewalk outside their rooms, quietly talking and laughing, quite cordial. When we returned from dinner at 8:30 pm, they had all gone inside. The guests I have encountered here seem to be happy, respectful of others, and considerate.
3. It’s quiet. There’s no elevator noise, none of the slamming of doors and locks that you’d get in a high-rise hotel on the harbor. At Seven Oakes, I’ve never had my sleep disturbed by loud and/or inebriated guests just outside my door. The property is on a major highway (Princess Street) but the traffic noise is minimal.
4. It’s clean. The proprietors care very much about their property and they want each guest to have a good experience here. The furnishings and fittings aren’t fancy, but they’re immaculate.
5. Great WiFi! After a long day of driving, I need it! And so do my kids. And at Seven Oakes, it’s easily accessible, very dependable, and quite speedy.
6. It gives me the things I need. Like WiFi, a fridge, a few good cable channels, cleanliness, just the right number of 100% cotton towels, free parking, a decent shower, the security of several locks on the door, peace and quiet, and a friendly staff. I don’t need a clock radio (I have a cell phone), tiny toiletries (I bring the ones that work for me), or printed materials promoting local pizza companies.
7. The owners are awesome. Stay once, come again, they’ll remember you. They sincerely want you to be happy here, and they work very hard to meet your expectations. They have been especially kind to my 80-something-young mother, who has stayed here twice. My mom, in turn, loves them right back.
8. You can’t beat the price. I have researched other accommodations in Kingston, and even stayed at a few, but Seven Oakes offers the best value.
9. Convenient location, part 1. There are pubs, restaurants and fast food nearby. Better still: there’s a FreshCo grocery store right next door. Tired of restaurants and rich food, we went there and bought Fresh Attitude Salads for our dinner, and then congratulated ourselves on having made a healthy and delicious choice. Two salads plus crusty baguette = $9. There’s a Tim Horton’s within easy walking distance for morning cravings.
10. Convenient location, part 2. Take the Sydenham exit off the 401. Turn right at Princess Street. Turn left into Seven Oakes at the top of the hill. Easy.

Room Tip: I have stayed in at least four rooms here, and they were all good!
1  Thank plucky1
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here on a whim, booked last minute over the phone without any difficulty. The stay was really pleasant. From the check-in at the front desk service, the cleanliness and comfort of the room, the well managed grounds-keeping and bonus outdoor swimming pool, all amounted to an overall positive and rich experience. This is no ordinary motel. Its family owned and operated, and coming here felt like coming home. Thank you! Dean, Ottawa

Room Tip: Book over the phone, online or take ca chance and just show up, you won't regret it.
1  Thank Dean S
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

To add to my team mates review....
I was in bed before 12 on the Saturday night, the night the motel manager was harassing us. Most of my team were still up drinking in front of the middle room (we had 3 between all of us). I was on the end and had my door just shut too couldn't close all the way or it would lock my team mates out. Anyways, I could barely hear them or the music. The only time I heard them was when the manager came around. She tried coming into my room where there were myself and two others sleeping. She also called our room a half a dozen times till we just took the phone off the hook. They wouldn't even give us new rolls of toilet paper we got used rolls lol. Unless your going to this motel for sleeping and only sleeping DONT GO. The manager is rude and can't even speak English properly.

Stayed: July 2014