“Poor experience”

Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Ottawa, Canada
“Poor experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had called to reserve a room I was told ok and I gave them the dates of going and checking out. I was asked for my master card and I told them that I was paying cash but they need it to hold the room. I told them not to put it threw because I had not got a chance to pay it off and I was going to pay with cash. I gave them my card info. On Friday they called to see why I was not in and told them that I was coming in Saturday and leaving on Monday and I was told that is ok and when my wife and I gone in just to find out they gave my room away and called my wife and I liers because I gave them a false number for my home and master card. They tried to put the charge through on the room before we even got there, which I believe is not legal! They gave my room to some person that went on line looking for a room. If there was a way we would not even give this place one star!! The Lady working the front desk was rude and decided it was ok to yell at me! We took our business elsewhere and would suggest anyone else do the same! Tempted to call better business Bureau!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lecooney78
7OakesMotel, Manager at Seven Oakes Motel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello,

You had given us a invalid credit card number to book the room. Every motel requires a valid credit card to hold the room. We did not charge this card. Any business can pre-authorize or check a credit card number. It is common sense and general business practice to do so.

You booked a room on June 28 & 29 2014. On June 27, we pre-authorized and checked the credit card which was shown to be invalid. Once again, every motel will check credit cards and it is general business practice to do so. We require a valid credit card to book the room. If you did not supply a valid credit card, your reservation is voided. We called you one day ahead and asked you to provide a valid card. You refused to do so, so we were obviously unable to reserve your room and unable to give you a confirmation number. You were told all of this on the phone.

On the 28th, you showed up anyways asking for your room. We told you again that we were unable to reserve the room because of your card.

We are sorry that you had a bad experience, but you refused to comply with our rules ... rules that are the same in every other motel and even every other reservation or booking. We were unable to hold your room, but we did not yell at you nor were we rude. You simply did not like the answer you were given.

Lloyd

Seven Oakes Motel
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
canada
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Clean, inexpensive. Smallest bar of soap I have ever seen. Fridge. Coffee/tea making facility would have been good. Bring a kettle/mugs/coffee/tea. There is a Tim Horton's a 100 m away. Near to the 401 and 5 minutes into Kingston downtown.

Room Tip: The motel rooms are all off the road and so quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I chance upon this motel in Kingston. We stayed there for one night and must say that we had a very good night sleep. The room was very clean and comfortable. Thank you very much Susie and Loy for your very good service! We will definitely stay in your place again and also recommend our friends too! Lee Philip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Well i would NOT recommend this place again I have posted pictures of the condtion we found in our room.We checked into room when there we turned air conditioner on n left for 8.5 hours,when we came back we couldnt get over the MUSTY smell in room.Then I went to crawl into bed at 2 am n found a bunch of black hair all over pillow thats a big turn off there so i went back outside till almost 4am then went into room switched pillows n crashed till 6:30 am i had to get some sleep had to drive an hour away.My sister was in other room n she couldnt sleep cause of musty smell she has allergies n her eyes were swelled rite up.So i spoke with Susie n told her i was not impressed with room told her what was goin on n i wanted half my money returned n she said no money returned caused we stayed in room like really 2 hours sleep. I would not RECOMMEND THIS PLACE OR STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank maggie6524

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Leitrim
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here with my parents, we booked two separate rooms next door to each other. the rooms are very clean and set up nice, with a flat screen tv that has loads of channels - (my parents being in their 70's had the tv very loud, when I left their room and went next door into my room, it was silent; The rooms and so well insulated you can not hear next door at all.) The bed is amazingly comfy - I've stayed at the Sheraton and the Seven Oakes motel has better comfy beds.
The owners are very welcoming and helpful, I was in Kingston for an appointment and needed some documents hole punched and a taxi in the morning the owners gladly did that for me.
Right next door to the motel is a supermarket, which is great if you need some snacks and fresh fruit at good prices, also their is a under-counter fridge in the room to use.
The heating and cooling temp is controlled by each room and there was always instant hot water.
The location is great if you are taking the Via rail train or driving and the taxi prices in Kingston are very good too and I also like that you can order take out to your room.
I will definitely be staying again when visiting Kingston.

Room Tip: for me and my parents who enjoy smoking, they offer a few smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank dig22
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My son, daughter in law and myself rented two rooms, side by side at The 7 Oakes. Susie was and her husband are very gracious hosts and could not do enough for us. The rooms are VERY clean and the mattresses thick and luxurious. I climbed into bed and the sheets smelled freshly laundered, it was like crawling into my own bed at home. SHOPPING.. wow, I had forgotten my jacket at home and, lo and behold, there was a large wonderful shopping mall, within walking distance on a nice day, but it was dark and we were tired, so we drove. Plenty of shopping and dining places and a nearby Tim Hortons. With all of the things to do, the wonderful people to talk to, who could ask for anything more??? SEE YOU AGAIN SUSIE,,,,,,,,,,it was great meeting you. Your Friends from Windsor :)

Room Tip: This motel is VERY EASY to find from HWY 401. Call and talk to Susie, you will be treated like roya...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank PerkyPerky43
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stay here every time we book a room in Kingston. The rooms are very clean and the staff is extremely friendly! We highly recommend this to everyone!! We will always choose this hotel in Kingston!! :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple